This service manual is intended for qualified service technicians ; it is not meant for the casual
do-it-yourselfer. Qualified technicians have the necessary test equipment and tools, and have been
trained to properly and safely repair complex products such as those covered by this manual.
Improperly performed repairs can adversely affect the safety and reliability of the product and may
void the warranty. If you are not qualified to perform the repair of this product properly and safely,
you should not risk trying to do so and refer the repair to a qualified service technician.
This product contains lead in solder and certain electrical parts contain chemicals which are known to the state of California to
cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
(FOR CANADIAN MODEL ONLY)
must be of identical designation.
(POUR MODÈLE CANADIEN SEULEMENT)
Les symboles de fusible
de remplacement doivent avoir la même désignation.
NOTICE : Comply with all cautions and safety related notes
located on or inside the cabinet and on the chassis.
The following precautions should be observed :
1. When service is required, even though the PDP UNIT an
isolation transformer should be inserted between the power line
and the set in safety before any service is performed.
2. When replacing a chassis in the set, all the protective devices
must be put back in place, such as barriers, nonmetallic knobs,
adjustment and compartment covershields, isolation resistor-
3. When service is required, observe the original lead dress. Extra
precaution should be taken to assure correct lead dress in the
high voltage circuitry area.
4. Always use the manufacture's replacement components.
Especially critical components as indicated on the circuit
diagram should not be replaced by other manufacture's.
Furthermore where a short circuit has occurred, replace those
components that indicate evidence of overheating.
5. Before returning a serviced set to the customer, the service
technician must thoroughly test the unit to be certain that it is
completely safe to operate without danger of electrical shock,
and be sure that no protective device built into the set by the
manufacture has become defective, or inadvertently defeated
during servicing. Therefore, the following checks should be
performed for the continued protection of the customer and
(fast operating fuse) and/or
(fusible de type rapide) et/ou
Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - Proposition 65
(slow operating fuse) on PCB indicate that replacement parts
(fusible de type lent) sur CCI indiquent que les pièces
6. Perform the following precautions against unwanted radiation
and rise in internal temperature.
• Always return the internal wiring to the original styling.
• Attach parts (Gascket, Ferrite Core, Ground, Rear Cover,
Shield Case etc.) surely after disassembly.
7. Perform the following precautions for the PDP panel.
• When the front case is removed, make sure nothing hits the
panel face, panel corner, and panel edge (so that the glass does
• Make sure that the panel vent does not break. (Check that the
cover is attached.)
• Handle the FPC connected to the panel carefully.
Twisting or pulling the FPC when connecting it to the
connector will cause it to peel off from the panel.
8. Pay attention to the following.
• When the front case is removed, infrared ray is radiated and
may disturb reception of the remote control unit.
• Pay extreme caution when the front case and rear panel are
removed because this may cause a high risk of disturbance to
TVs and radios in the surrounding.