40 °C and 60 °C. Environmental Comment - Save water with high pressure. The Karcher Pressure Washer is environmentally friendly enabling you to reduce your water consumption compared to a normal garden hose. A definite advantage with a metered water supply with the added benefit of suction mode, water can be drawn from an open container such as a water butt.
INDEX APPLICATIONS SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS GETTING STARTED 3.1 Contents 3.2 Water Connection 3.3 Electrical Connection 3.4 Suction Mode 3.5 Detergent OPERATING YOUR PRESSURE WASHER 4.1 High Pressure Operation 4.2 Low Pressure Operation Without Brush 4.3 Low Pressure Operation With Brush 4.4 End Of Operation IMPORTANT ...
1. APPLICATIONS The main applications for this product are DOMESTIC cleaning tasks: With the addition of Karcher accessories, the list continues ..... BEFORE STARTING UP YOUR PRESSURE WASHER PLEASE CHECK YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING: We recommend you purchase these items from a reputable store.
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Electrical Connection Never use defect connection or extension lines! If the connection line is damaged, it must be replaced with a special connection line that is available from the manufacturer or his customer service. Please make sure that the connection or extension lines are not damaged by being ran over, pulled or dragged.
Safety Instructions The operation of the device in hazardous locations is not admissible. Please comply with the corresponding safety instructions if you use the appliance in danger areas (e.g. filling stations). Do not turn on the appliance if the power supply line or important components of the appliance, such as safety components, high- pressure hoses, spray jet, are damaged.
Cleaning operations during which oil saturated waste water is generated, such as engine cleaning and underbody cleaning, may only be performed in cleaning locations that are equipped with an oil separator. If you clean varnished surfaces, please respect a minimum distance of 30 cm to avoid damages.
(No.9) into an earthed socket. (it is recommended that an RCD plug socket is used.) 3.4 Suction Mode - an added benefit of the Karcher Pressure Washer If you are drawing water from a static water supply such as a water butt disconnect the high pressure hose from the machine.
4. OPERATING YOUR PRESSURE WASHER If you have followed all the instructions so far, you are now ready to have fun cleaning the KARCHER way!!! Turn on the supply water and press the Spray Gun lever (No.3) until the water flows freely and removes all air locks from the hoses.
4.1 High Pressure Operation Switch on the pressure washer (No.5) Ensure the Spray Lance with the Pressure Regulator (No.4) is attached securely to the Spray Gun (No.3) and the nozzle is set to the required setting. Aim the lance towards the object to be cleaned making sure the recommended working distance is used (for reference see Page 9).
We recommend the following cleaning method: Remove loose dirt by washing over the surface to be cleaned with the high pressure jet. Spray on the detergent and leave for 1-4 minutes, so assisting the easy removal of fine dirt and associated greasy adhesions. Finally, spray off the loosened dirt with the high pressure spray.
PRESSURE SETTING. In the event of a break of 5 minutes in the operation of your Karcher Pressure Washer, always switch off the pump to avoid damage due to overheating. Switch off the pressure washer by the Power Switch (No.5) and unplug the Mains Electric Lead (No.9) from the socket.
After using chemicals, always run fresh water through your machine. The high pressure hose of your Karcher Pressure Washer should not be mistreated. It is designed to withstand high pressure operation so vehicles should NOT run over it, nor should it be pulled across sharp or abrasive edges.
6. ACCESSORIES A wide range of popular accessories are available from your local store selling Karcher Pressure Washers. 4.763-228 Dirt Blaster/Rotary Jet A rapidly rotating pencil jet used to remove loose paint, stubborn algae and moss from hard surfaces. 4.760-269 Triple Nozzle Lance An integral fan jet, pencil jet and low pressure chemical jet in one unit allows optimal nozzle selection.
please refer to the diagram below AND identify the particular model of your machine by reference to the data plate on the underside. Please write, email or fax Karcher (see page 19) with any parts order you wish to place. A premium rate Help-line Number is available for...
7. PROBLEM CHECKLIST The machine you have chosen is of the highest quality. Correctly stored away from frost it should operate without problems. If a problem does arise, please check the following chart as a solution may be at hand. PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSE CORRECTION...
8. HELP - LINE Karcher (UK) Limited operate a help-line allowing customers to discuss any problems experienced with our products. The help-line operates during normal business hours, if you have diffi- culty getting through, please understand that there are peak periods during the day when our consultants are unable to take all calls coming in.
EU Declaration of Conformity We hereby declare that the equipment described below conforms to the relevant fundamental safety and health requirements of the appropriate EU Directives, both in its basic design and construction as well as in the version marketed by us. This declaration will cease to be valid if any modifications are made to the machine without our express approval.