TAKING A MEASUREMENT
4. Inflation stops automatically and the measurement is started.
As the cuff deflates, decreasing numbers appear on the display.
The Heartbeat Symbol (
5. When the measurement is complete, the arm cuff
completely deflates. Your blood pressure and
pulse rate are displayed.
6. Press the ON/OFF START Button
The monitor turns off.
NOTE: The monitor will automatically turn off after five minutes.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPECIAL CONDITIONS
If your systolic pressure is known to be more than
220 mmHg, press and hold the ON/OFF START
button until the monitor inflates 30 to 40 mmHg
higher than your suspected systolic pressure.
• Do not apply more pressure than necessary.
• The monitor will not inflate above 299 mmHg.
) flashes at every heartbeat.