3. To switch off the phone, press and hold
until the Device options screen displays.
4. Tap Power off to switch off the phone.
5. At the Power off prompt, tap OK.
Locking and Unlocking the Touch
to lock the touch screen.
again to display the lock screen then
swipe your finger across the screen to unlock.
Creating a Samsung Account
An active Samsung account is required to begin accessing
applications such as ChatON and Group Play.
1. From the home screen, touch and hold the Notification
Bar until the pull-down displays, then drag down
vertically. (For more information, refer to "Notification
Bar" on page 37.)
3. Tap Create new account.
4. Tap Terms and conditions to read them and tap OK.
5. Tap the I accept all the terms above checkbox.
7. Tap Agree.
8. Enter the required information and tap Sign up.
9. At the Welcome screen, tap Next.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your email
address and activate your account.
Creating a New Google Account
In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, you will
need to create a Google™ Account when you first use your
device. With a Google Account, Google applications will
always be in sync between your phone and computer.
If you did not create a new account during the setup
procedure when you first turned your phone on, follow these
1. From the Home screen, tap
The Add a Google Account screen displays.