If the TV seems to have a problem, first try this list of possible problems and solutions. If none of these troubleshooting tips
apply, visit "www.samsung.com," then click on Support, or call Samsung customer service at 1-800-SAMSUNG.
The TV image does not look as good as it
did in the store.
The picture is distorted: macro block error,
small block, dots, pixelization.
Color is wrong or missing.
There is poor color or brightness.
There is a dotted line on the edge of the
The picture is black and white.
When changing channels, the picture
freezes or is distorted or delayed.
There is no sound or the sound is too low
at maximum volume.
The picture is good but there is no sound.
The speakers are making an inappropriate
[BOOK-PC7000]Web Manual-Eng.indb 57
Solutions and Explanations
First of all, please perform the Picture Test and confirm that your TV is properly displaying the test image.
- Support - Self Diagnosis - Picture Test) (p. 26)
If the test image is properly displayed, the poor picture may be caused by the source or signal.
• If you have an analog cable/satellite box, upgrade to an HD digital set top box. Use HDMI or
Component cables to deliver HD (high definition) picture quality.
• Cable/Satellite subscribers: Try HD stations from the channel line up.
• Antenna connection: Try HD stations after performing Auto program.
Many HD channels are up scaled from SD(Standard Definition) contents.
• Adjust the Cable/Sat box video output resolution to 1080i or 720p.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion, especially in fast moving pictures such
as sports and action movies.
• Low signal level can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV problem.
• Mobile phones used close to the TV (cca up to 1m) may cause noise in picture on analog and digital
• If you're using Component connection, make sure the component cables are connected to the
correct jacks. Incorrect or loose connections may cause color problems or a blank screen.
• Adjust the Picture options in the TV menu (go to Picture mode / Color / Brightness / Sharpness)
• Adjust Energy Saving option in the TV menu (go to
• Try resetting the picture to view the default picture settings (go to
• If the picture size is set to Screen Fit, change it to 16:9 (p. 18).
• Change cable/satellite box resolution.
• If you are using an AV composite input, connect the video cable (yellow) to the Green jack of
component input 1 on the TV.
• If connected to a cable box, please try to reset it. (reconnect the AC cord and wait until the cable box
reboots. It may take up to 20 minutes)
• Set the output resolution of the cable box to 1080i or 720p.
First of all, please perform the Sound Test to confirm that your TV audio is properly operating.
- Support - Self Diagnosis - Sound Test) (p. 26)
If the audio is OK, the sound problem may caused by the source or signal.
• Please check the volume of the device (Cable/Sat Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) connected to your TV.
• Set the Speaker Select option to TV Speaker in the Sound menu (p. 22).
• If you are using an external device, make sure the audio cables are connected to the correct audio
input jacks on the TV.
• If you are using an external device, check the device's audio output option (ex. you may need to
change your cable box's audio option to HDMI when you have a HDMI connected to your TV).
• If you are using a DVI to HDMI cable, a separate audio cable is required.
• If your TV has a headphone jack, make sure there is nothing plugged into it.
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Check cable connections. Make sure a video cable is not connected to an audio input.
• For antenna or Cable connections, check the signal strength. Low signal level may cause sound
• Perform the Sound Test as explained above.
– Picture – Eco Solution – Energy Saving)
- Picture - Picture Reset) (p.
2010-06-21 오전 10:32:12