No Picture, No Video
The TV won't turn on.
The TV turns off automatically.
There is no picture/video.
The TV is not receiving all channels.
The picture is distorted: macro block error,
small block, dots, pixelization.
A "Mode Not Supported" message
"PC" is always shown on the source list,
even if a PC is not connected.
The video is OK but there is no audio.
The wireless network connection failed.
Software Upgrade over the network fails.
Purple/green rolling horizontal bars and
buzzing noise from the TV speakers with
Component cable connection.
The picture won't display in full screen.
The remote control does not work.
The cable/set top box remote control
doesn't turn the TV on or off, or adjust the
A "Mode Not Supported" message
[BOOK-PC7000]Web Manual-Eng.indb 58
Solutions and Explanations
• Make sure the AC power cord is securely plugged in to the wall outlet and the TV.
• Make sure the wall outlet is working.
• Try pressing the
button on the TV to make sure the problem is not the remote. If the TV turns on,
refer to "Remote control does not work" below.
• Ensure the Sleep Timer is set to Off in the Setup menu (p. 23).
• If your PC is connected to the TV, check your PC power settings.
• Make sure the AC power cord is plugged in securely to the wall outlet and the TV.
• When watching TV from an antenna or cable connection, the TV will turn off after 10 - 15 minutes if
there is no signal.
• Check cable connections (remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and external
• Set your external device's (Cable/Sat Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) video outputs to match the connections
to the TV input. For example, if an external device's output is HDMI, it should be connected to an
HDMI input on the TV.
• Make sure your connected devices are powered on.
• Be sure to select the TV's correct source by pressing the
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely.
• Please try Auto Program to add available channels to the channel list. Go to
Program (p. 14)
• Verify the Antenna is positioned correctly.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion, especially with fast moving pictures
such as sports and action movies.
• A low signal can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV problem.
• Set your PC's output resolution so it matches the resolutions supported by the TV (p. 11).
• This is normal; "PC" is always shown on the source list, regardless of whether a PC is connected.
• If you are using an HDMI connection, check the audio output setting on your PC.
• The Samsung Wireless USB dongle is required to use a wireless network.
• Make sure the Network Connection is set to Wireless (p. 29).
• Make sure the TV is connected to a wireless IP sharer (router).
• Try network test in Setup menu (p. 30).
• If you have latest SW version, SW upgrade will not proceed.
• Remove the left and right audio connections from the set-top-box. If the buzzing stops, this indicates
that the set-top-box has a grounding issue. Replace the Component video cables with an HDMI
• HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when displaying up scaled SD (4:3)
• Black bars on the Top & Bottom will be shown on movies that have aspect ratios different from your
• Adjust the picture size options on your external device or TV to full screen.
• Replace the remote control batteries with the poles (+/–) in the right direction.
• Clean the sensor's transmission window on the remote.
• Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from 5~6 feet away.
• Program the Cable/Set remote control to operate the TV. Refer to the Cable/Set user manual for the
SAMSUNG TV code.
• Check the supported resolution of the TV, and adjust the external device's output resolution
accordingly. Refer to the resolution settings on page 12 of this manual.
button on the remote control.
- Channel - Auto
2010-06-21 오전 10:32:12