18. Be careful not to damage the spindle, the
flange (especially the installing surface) or the
lock nut. Damage to these parts could result in
19. Make sure the wheel is not contacting the
workpiece before the switch is turned on.
20. Before using the tool on an actual workpiece,
let it run for a while. Watch for vibration or
wobbling that could indicate poor installation
or a poorly balanced wheel.
21. Use the specified surface of the wheel to
perform the grinding.
22. Watch out for flying sparks. Hold the tool so
that sparks fly away from you and other
persons or flammable materials.
23. Do not leave the tool running. Operate the tool
only when hand-held.
24. Do not touch the workpiece immediately after
operation; it may be extremely hot and could
burn your skin.
25. Always be sure that the tool is switched off
and unplugged or that the battery cartridge is
removed before carrying out any work on the
26. Observe the instructions of the manufacturer
for correct mounting and use of wheels.
Handle and store wheels with care.
27. Do not use separate reducing bushings or
adaptors to adapt large hole abrasive wheels.
28. Use only flanges specified for this tool.
29. For tools intended to be fitted with threaded
hole wheel, ensure that the thread in the wheel
is long enough to accept the spindle length.
31. Pay attention that the wheel continues to
rotate after the tool is switched off.
32. If working place is extremely hot and humid, or
badly polluted by conductive dust, use a
short-circuit breaker (30 mA) to assure
33. Do not use the tool on any materials
34. Do not use water or grinding lubricant.
35. Ensure that ventilation openings are kept clear
when working in dusty conditions. If it should
disconnect the tool from the mains supply
( use non metallic objects ) and avoid
damaging internal parts.
36. When use cut-off wheel, always work with the
dust collecting wheel guard required by
37. Cutting discs must not be subjected to any
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT let comfort or familiarity with product
(gained from repeated use) replace strict adherence
to safety rules for the subject product. MISUSE or
failure to follow the safety rules stated in this
instruction manual may cause serious personal
Always be sure that the tool is switched off and
unplugged before adjusting or checking function on
Never actuate the shaft lock when the spindle is
moving. The tool may be damaged.
Press the shaft lock to prevent spindle rotation when
installing or removing accessories.
Before plugging in the tool, always check to see
that the slide switch actuates properly and returns
to the "OFF" position when the rear of the slide
switch is depressed.
1. Shaft lock
1. Slide switch