possible kickback may propel the spinning wheel and
the power tool directly at you.
c) When wheel is binding or when interrupting a
cut for any reason, switch off the power tool and
hold the power tool motionless until the wheel
comes to a complete stop. Never attempt to
remove the cut-off wheel from the cut while the
wheel is in motion otherwise kickback may occur.
Investigate and take corrective action to eliminate the
cause of wheel binding.
d) Do not restart the cutting operation in the
workpiece. Let the wheel reach full speed and
carefully re-enter the cut. The wheel may bind, walk
up or kickback if the power tool is restarted in the
e) Support panels or any oversized workpiece to
minimize the risk of wheel pinching and kickback.
Large workpieces tend to sag under their own weight.
Supports must be placed under the workpiece near
the line of cut and near the edge of the workpiece on
both sides of the wheel.
f) Use extra caution when making a "pocket cut"
into existing walls or other blind areas. The
protruding wheel may cut gas or water pipes, electrical
wiring or objects that can cause kickback.
Safety Warnings Specific for Sanding Operations:
a) Do not use excessively oversized sanding disc
paper. Follow manufacturers recommendations,
when selecting sanding paper. Larger sanding
paper extending beyond the sanding pad presents a
laceration hazard and may cause snagging, tearing of
the disc or kickback.
Safety Warnings Specific for Wire Brushing
a) Be aware that wire bristles are thrown by the
brush even during ordinary operation. Do not
overstress the wires by applying excessive load to
the brush. The wire bristles can easily penetrate light
clothing and/or skin.
b) If the use of a guard is recommended for wire
brushing, do not allow interference of the wire
wheel or brush with the guard. Wire wheel or brush
may expand in diameter due to work load and
Additional safety warnings:
17. When using depressed centre grinding wheels, be
sure to use only fiberglass-reinforced wheels.
18. NEVER USE Stone Cup type wheels with this
grinder. This grinder is not designed for these types
of wheels and the use of such a product may result in
serious personal injury.
19. Be careful not to damage the spindle, the flange
(especially the installing surface) or the lock nut.
Damage to these parts could result in wheel
20. Make sure the wheel is not contacting the
workpiece before the switch is turned on.
21. Before using the tool on an actual workpiece, let it
run for a while. Watch for vibration or wobbling
that could indicate poor installation or a poorly
22. Use the specified surface of the wheel to perform
23. Watch out for flying sparks. Hold the tool so that
sparks fly away from you and other persons or
24. Do not leave the tool running. Operate the tool
only when hand-held.
25. Do not touch the workpiece immediately after
operation; it may be extremely hot and could burn
26. Always be sure that the tool is switched off and
unplugged or that the battery cartridge is removed
before carrying out any work on the tool.
27. Observe the instructions of the manufacturer for
correct mounting and use of wheels. Handle and
store wheels with care.
28. Do not use separate reducing bushings or
adaptors to adapt large hole abrasive wheels.
29. Use only flanges specified for this tool.
30. For tools intended to be fitted with threaded hole
wheel, ensure that the thread in the wheel is long
enough to accept the spindle length.
31. Check that the workpiece is properly supported.
32. Pay attention that the wheel continues to rotate
after the tool is switched off.
33. If working place is extremely hot and humid, or
badly polluted by conductive dust, use a short-
circuit breaker (30 mA) to assure operator safety.
34. Do not use the tool on any materials containing
35. Do not use water or grinding lubricant.
36. Ensure that ventilation openings are kept clear
when working in dusty conditions. If it should
become necessary to clear dust, first disconnect
the tool from the mains supply (use non metallic
objects) and avoid damaging internal parts.
37. When use cut-off wheel, always work with the dust
collecting wheel guard required by domestic
38. Cutting discs must not be subjected to any lateral
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT let comfort or familiarity with product (gained
from repeated use) replace strict adherence to safety
rules for the subject product. MISUSE or failure to
follow the safety rules stated in this instruction
manual may cause serious personal injury.
• Always be sure that the tool is switched off and
unplugged before adjusting or checking function on the
Shaft lock (Fig. 1)
• Never actuate the shaft lock when the spindle is
moving. The tool may be damaged.
Press the shaft lock to prevent spindle rotation when
installing or removing accessories.