4. SERVICE MODE 5. EXTERNAL VIEW / PARTS LIST 6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART 7. SPECIAL NOTES ON SERVICING IN ASIA 8. PRODUCT TECHNICAL INFORMATION APPENDIX 1: SHIPMENT INSPECTION PATTERN 1 APPENDIX 2: iP1000 SERVICE TOOL QY8-13A2-010 Rev. June 18, 2004 Canon Inc.
2. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS 2-1. Printer Main Unit Specifications Paper feeding method Resolution 4,800 x 1,200 dpi (max.) Printing speed Measured by throughput patterns Fine_BK and Fine_CL. 6.6 ppm (CL throughput pattern) 11.3 ppm (BK throughput pattern) 11 ppm (CL throughput pattern) 14 ppm (BK throughput pattern) Printing direction...
2-2. Product Life Specified print volume or the years of use, whichever comes first. - 3 years of use - Print volume: 4,000 pages - Black: 2,000 pages (A4, standard mode, 1,500 character pattern) - Color: 1,200 pages (A4, 7.5% duty per color pattern) 120 pages (A4, photo, borderless printing) 80 pages (4 x 6, photo, borderless printing) 600 pages (Postcard, photo, borderless printing)
3. ERROR DISPLAY Errors are displayed by the LEDs, and ink low warnings are displayed by the Status Monitor. 3-1. Operator Call Error (LED Blinking in Orange) Error Corrective action blinking 2 times Paper out Set paper, and press the Resume/Cancel button to feed the paper.
3-3. Ink Low Warning (Ink low warnings are displayed by the Status Monitor only when the remaining ink level detection is enabled, and no Status Monitor display when disabled.) Note: The Status Monitor display in the table below is for Windows. Warning Display by Status Monitor Ink low warning 1 (approx.
Install the print head (QY6-0044-000), and press the Power button to turn on the printer. (The LED lights in green.) b. Load A4-sized paper. c. Connect the printer to the computer. Using the iP1000 service tool (QY9-0065), select “USB PORT”. (Refer to Appendix 2, iP1000 Service Tool.) d.
c. <Destination setting> Destination can be set by clicking each model name in “SET DESTINATION.” Confirm the model name by clicking “GET DEVICE ID” after setting change. (If incorrect, it can be changed before turning the unit OFF/ON.) <EEPROM reset> When ”EEPROM CLEAR”...
Parts List In common with the Part Number Rank Q’ty Description Remark i350 / i355 QY6-0044-000 PRINT HEAD QC1-5681-000 PAPER SUPPORT QM2-1845-000 UPPER COVER UNIT, WITH BUTTON QC1-5677-000 SIDE COVER L QC1-5678-000 SIDE COVER R QC1-5680-000 COVER, I/F QC1-5672-000 FRONT COVER QM2-1764-000 LOGIC BOARD ASS’Y QK1-1006-000...
6. TROUBLESHOOTING FLOWCHART 6-1. Printer Main Unit Troubleshooting Flowchart (how to confirm printer operation at refurbishment) Power ON Service Call Error? Open access cover, and install print head Service Call Error? Connect to computer < Shipment inspection pattern check items> Shipment inspection Refer to 4.
6-2. Print Head Troubleshooting Flowchart (print head operation confirmation) Connect to computer Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE Nozzle check pattern regarding printing method. printing Correct? Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE Print head cleaning regarding cleaning method. Nozzle check pattern printing Correct? Print head deep Refer to 4.
7. SPECIAL NOTES ON SERVICING IN ASIA - Elimination of Major Component Connectors on the Logic Board Ass’y - In the iP1000, the LF and CR motors are soldered to the logic board ass’y, and the connectors which were used in prior models are eliminated.
8-2. Major Functions (1) Borderless printing (4”x6”, 5”x7” size only) The iP1000 supports borderless printing only for 4”x6” and 5”x7” size paper. Borderless printing is not supported with other paper sizes (A4, LTR, etc.). < Possible problems with this function >...
Reset procedure: Perform the following operations from the printer driver utility. 1. In Low Ink Warning Setting, enable Display low ink warning. 2. In Ink Counter Reset, reset the applicable ink counter(s). Note: Be sure to reset the ink counter from the printer driver utility after replacing ink tanks.
F: Print head alignment in bi-directional black printing G: Print head alignment in bi-directional color printing Perform from the printer driver utility. (At initial set-up by the user, notice to perform the print head alignment is displayed in the Status Monitor.)
APPENDIX 1: SHIPMENT INSPECTION PATTERN 1 Check item 1 (Non-ejection of ink): Total area of the sample below Check item 2 (Top margin) Print EEPROM information -> Refer to 4. SERVICE MODE for details. C nozzle check pattern M nozzle check pattern Y nozzle check pattern BK nozzle check pattern Check item 3 (Gray area)
(Refer to APPENDIX 1, SHIPMENT INSPECTION PATTERN 1.) < How to set the destination > In SET DESTINATION (C), select the model name “iP1000” (common to all destinations), and the destination will be set. Click DEVICE ID (D), and confirm the model name indicated in the (E) area. Or, confirm the model name on the shipment inspection pattern printout.