Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
† 1. Lid with handles (Part # HS1050-01)
2. Steam vents
† 3. Upper basket tray with built-in egg holders (Part # HS1050-02)
† 4. Upper steaming basket (Part # HS1050-03)
† 5. Lower basket tray with built-in egg holders (Part # HS1050-04)
† 6. Lower steaming basket (Part # HS1050-05)
† 7. Drip tray with built-in Flavor Scenter ® screen (Part # HS1050-07)
8. External water-fill inlet
9. Heating element
10. Water reservoir
11. Water window with Min/Max water level markings
12. 75-minute timer
13. Unit base
14. Power indicator light
† 1 5. 5-cup rice bowl (Part # HS1050-06)
† Consumer replaceable/removable parts
How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
• Remove packing materials and any stickers from the unit.
• Wash all parts as instructed in the Care and Cleaning section of this manual.
• Select a location for the unit. Do not place unit directly under cabinets or too close to
the wall to allow steam to escape without damaging counter space or cabinets.
FILLING W TER RESERVOIR
1. Place the drip tray into the base of the unit ( ).
Important: To avoid water overflow, the drip tray must be in
place before filling the water reservoir.
2. Pour water into the water-fill inlet (B) up to the M X marking
on the water window. Do not overfill.
• Water should never go below the MIn level on the water
• Do not add any salt, pepper, seasoning, herbs, beer, wine or
any other liquid to the water reservoir.
• During the cooking cycle, check the water window. If water
level is low, add cold tap water to the water-fill inlet as
needed. This will ensure continuous steaming.
3. Place herbs or spices in Flavor Scenter ® screen (C) for added
flavor (see Flavor Scenter ® Tips below).
Note: You can also use the drip tray without adding herbs to the
Flavor Scenter ® if you prefer.
Tips for Using the Flavor Scenter ® Screen
• To prevent small herbs or ground spices from falling through
the screen, rinse or wet the screen before adding seasonings.
• If using herbs, use whole or coarsely chop the leaves.
USING STE MING B SKETS
You can arrange your steaming baskets according to the amount of food you are cooking.
C UTION: Use pot holders when removing the lid or lifting the steaming basket, drip tray
or rice bowl. Lift the lid away from your face and body to avoid escaping steam.
Cooking with One Steaming Basket
1. Place either basket onto the drip tray.
2. Place food in the steaming basket. See Cooking Chart on
pages 6 and 7 for helpful tips and recommended times.
You can also cook up to 6 eggs by inserting an egg into each
indentation on built-in egg holders (D).
3. Cover the steaming basket with the lid, making sure it fits
securely in place. Follow steps 4-6 on page 5.