When the unit is shipped from the factory, its AM frequency band is set
as "522-1710 kHz (in 9 kHz steps)".
If your local AM broadcast system is organized in 10 kHz steps, change
the frequency band to "520-1710 kHz (in 10 kHz steps)" as follows:
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select AM.
2. While pressing the N button on the front panel, press the E but-
ton on the front panel.
To return the original setting, repeat steps above.
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select TUNER. The radio frequency
2. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select AM or FM.
Press the TUNING - or TUNING + button for at least 1 second to tune
in a station. The unit will scan up or down the band and receive the
next receivable station. Press the button again to continue.
The f or e button on the remote control can also be used.
Press the TUNING - or TUNING + button briefly until the desired
frequency is displayed.
To preset stations (Using remote control)
Up to 24 stations for FM band, 12 stations for AM band, can be preset.
1. Tune in the station to be preset as described above.
2. Press the MEMORY button.
3. Press the PRESET button (or PRESET - or PRESET + button on the
front panel) to select the channel number to be preset.
4. While "PROG." is blinking, press the MEMORY button. "PROG." dis-
In this example, "103.25 MHz" FM station is preset on FM channel
The number buttons on the remote control can also be used. In
this example, press 0, then 9 after the step 2 above.
1. Press the FUNCTION button to se-
2. Press the cassette holder (EJECT
portion) to open it.
3. Load the cassette.
After loading the cassette, push the
cassette holder (EJECT portion) back
4. Press the TAPE button to begin play-
5. Press the N button to stop playback
at any time. Press it again to remove
When the end of the tape has been
reached, automatic stop will be
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
LISTENING TO TAPES
If the next step is not taken within 10 seconds while performing steps
2 - 4, "PROG." disappears and the preset operation is cancelled.
Press the MEMORY button on the remote control to continue.
5. Repeat steps above to add more preset stations.
When presetting a new station, the previous preset station is
Automatic presetting (APT)
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select FM, AM.
2. Press the MEMORY button for at least 3 seconds. "PROG." blinks.
The automatic tuning mode is set and automatic presetting begins
from the low end of the band.
When 24 stations for FM. 12 stations for AM have been preset or
the high end of the band is reached, automatic presetting stop.
"PROG." disappears and the previous received station is heard.
3. To preset stations on the other band, follow steps above.
If APT is activated, all previously programmed stations of the band will
be cleared and new stations will be programmed.
Listening to preset stations
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select FM, or AM.
2. Press the PRESET - or PRESET + button on the front panel (or PRE-
SET button on the remote control) to select the desired channel
number. The selected channel number appears briefly.
The number buttons on the remote control can also be used.
Press two number buttons within 2 seconds.
Preset scan tuning
1. Select "TUNER" function and select the band.
2. Press the PRESET button for at least 1 second. Each of the preset
stations is tuned in for 5 seconds.
3. When the desired station has been tuned in, press the PRESET but-
ton again to keep the reception locked at that station.
To receive FM stereo broadcasts
"ST" appears when an FM stereo broadcast is received in the stereo
Make sure the reception mode is in stereo. or else, press the FM MODE
If the signal from an FM stereo station is weak and reception is poor,
press the FM MODE button to change to the mono mode. The recep-
tion may be improved, but the sound will be monaural.
When beat interference is heard (Remote control only)
A high-pitched noise called "beat" is sometimes heard during reception
of radio broadcasts. If this occurs.
1. Press the MEMORY button.
2. When "PROG." is blinking, press the FM MODE button to select "bc-
A" or "bc-b". Select the setting that gives the best results.
Use the normal tape (TYPE 1).
Endless tapes cannot be used.
Do not use C-100 (or longer) tapes. They may jam in the mechanism.
Fast forward and rewind
Press the F or E button. When the desired location has been
reached, press the N button.