does not restart
Noise is heard
Mist or steam
are blowing out.
In dry mode,
fan speed can't
to check for
Before asking for service, check the following first:
Cause and Solutions
• When unit is stopped, it will not restart again for 3 minutes to protect the system.
• When electricity is disconnected and then reconnected, the protection circuit will work for 3 minutes to
protect the air conditioner.
• During unit operation or a stop, a swishing or gurgling noise may be heard. The first 2-3 minutes after the
unit has started is when the noise is most noticeable. (This noise is generated by refrigerant flowing in the
• During unit operation, a cracking noise may be heard. This noise is generated by the casing expanding or
shrinking due to temperature changes.
• If the airflow creating a loud noise during unit operation, the air filter may be too dirty.
• The system circulates smells from the indoor air such as the smell of furniture, paint, and/or cigarettes.
• During COOL or DRY operation, indoor unit may blow out mist. This is due to the sudden cooling of the
• In DRY mode, when the room temperature becomes lower than the set temperature by 2°F, the unit will
run intermittently at LOW speed regardless of FAN setting.
• Is the power plug inserted?
• Is there a power failure?
• Is a fuse blown?
• Is the air filter dirty? Normally it should be cleaned every 2 months.
• Is there anything blocking the inlet and/or outlet?
• Is the temperature set correctly?
• Are there any doors or windows open?
• Is there any direct sunlight through the window during the cooling operation? (Use curtains)
• Are there too many heat sources or too many people in the room during cooling operation?