If the remote control is not functioning properly, use a pen
point or similar object to depress this button to reset the
• Use this operation only when the remote control is defec-
tive or lost.
• When the emergency operation switch is pressed, the unit
beeps once, which indicates the start of this operation.
• When the power switch is turned on for the first time and
emergency operation starts, the unit will run automatically
in the following modes:
• During emergency operation, it is not possible to change
the settings of temperature and fan speed. It is also not
possible to operate in timer or dry modes.
Inserting the Batteries
Remove the battery cover
Insert 2 AAA batteries as
illustrated noting battery polarity
Reinstall the battery cover
• The distance from the remote
control to the receiver should
be less than 23 feet with no
• If the remote control display is weak or the operating
distance has diminished, the batteries may need to be
• Remote control malfunctions can sometimes be corrected
by removing the batteries from the remote for a few min-
utes and then reinstalling them.
• Remove the batteries from the remote control if the unit
will not be in use for an extended period of time. If any seg-
ments of the display remain active after battery removal,
press the reset button.
EMERGENCY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
CONTROLLER FEATURES & SETTINGS
Close doors and windows
During cooling operation
prevent direct sunlight
with curtains or blinds
Wipe the air conditioner using a soft and
dry cloth. For serious stains, use a neutral
detergent diluted with water. Wring the water
out of the cloth before wiping down the unit.
Then wipe off the detergent completely.
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Open the inlet grille by pulling
2. Remove the filter.
Gently push up on the filter's center
tab until it is released from the
stopper, and remove the filter
3. Clean the filter.
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove
dust, or wash the filter with water.
After washing, dry the filter
4. Attach the filter
Attach the filter so that the "FRONT"
label is facing the front. Make sure
that the filter is securely attached
behind the holding tabs. If the filter is
not attached correctly the unit may
not achieve maximum efficiency.
5. Close the inlet grille.
Do not block the air inlet