PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
2. Release the button, and the oil
change indicator will go off.
Final transmission oil
The final transmission case must be
checked for oil leakage before each
ride. If any leakage is found, have a
Yamaha dealer check and repair the
scooter. In addition, the final transmis-
sion oil must be changed as follows at
the intervals specified in the periodic
maintenance and lubrication chart.
1. Start the engine, warm it up by rid-
ing the scooter for several min-
utes, and then stop the engine.
2. Place the scooter on the center-
3. Place an oil pan under the final
transmission case to collect the
1. Final transmission oil filler bolt
2. Final transmission oil drain bolt
4. Remove the oil filler bolt and drain
bolt to drain the oil from the final
5. Install the final transmission oil
drain bolt, and then tighten it to
the specified torque.
Final transmission oil drain bolt:
13 Nm (1.3 m·kgf, 9.4 ft·lbf)
6. Refill with the specified amount of
the recommended final transmis-
sion oil, and then install the oil filler
bolt and tighten it to the specified
torque. WARNING! Make sure
that no foreign material enters
the final transmission case.
Make sure that no oil gets on
the tire or wheel.
Final transmission oil filler bolt:
23 Nm (2.3 m·kgf, 17 ft·lbf)
Recommended final transmission
See page 8-1.
0.10 L (0.11 US qt, 0.09 Imp.qt)