User’s Guide BARK CONTROL COLLAR Model: SCOUTBARK100 The features described in this User's Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Pet Collar Unit 1 2 3 Static Correction Key Battery Cover Indicator LED Metal Contacts Lights up in green for 3 seconds when Static Correction Level Indicator the unit is powered on and flashes slowly Indicates current level of static correction during standby.
• Proper fit is critical to the performance and effectiveness of the SCOUTBARK100. If the fit is too loose, the Pet Collar Unit will not be able to get sufficient contact with the skin to detect barking and deliver static correction.
Powering On/Off the Pet Collar Unit ............12 Select Level of Static Correction ............. 12 "Free" Bark Duration ................. 13 4. When Using the SCOUTBARK100 the First Few Times ......14 5. Disposal of the Device (Environment) ........... 15 6. Cleaning and Care .................. 16 7.
Unit with a soft damp cloth weekly. WARNING The SCOUTBARK100 is suitable for use on healthy, non-aggressive dogs to control excessive barking when used as described in this User's Guide. Therefore, always read the instructions in this User's Guide carefully before using the product.
2. Getting Started Attach the Adjustable Strap to the Pet Collar Unit 1. Set the Pet Collar Unit facing down with the Metal Contacts facing up. 2. With the front side of the buckle facing down, thread the strap through the first slot, moving it towards the second slot.
Fit the Pet Collar Unit on your Dog’s Neck IMPORTANT For effective and reliable operation of the SCOUTBARK100, the Pet Collar Unit must be properly placed and fitted on your dog’s neck with suitable Metal Contacts that are long enough to touch the dog’s skin on the underside of its neck (not its hair).
6. Check to ensure that the Pet Collar Unit is in the center underneath the neck of your dog. 7. Check the fit again after your dog has worn the Pet Collar Unit for several minutes or as your dog gets more comfortable with it. NOTE The Pet Collar Unit should fit snugly on your dog’s neck such that you can only fit two fingers underneath it.
PLEASE USE CAUTION. Change Metal Contacts Included with the SCOUTBARK100 are Metal Contacts in three different lengths (short, medium and long) that deliver static correction to your dog. Choose the appropriate length for your dog’s hair coat. If your dog has dense coats or undercoats, use one of the longer Metal Contacts included with your SCOUTBARK100.
3. To ensure that the Metal Contacts are securely fastened, fit the tightening tool over the Metal Contacts and twist clock-wise to tighten them securely as shown below. Twist clockwise to tighten the Metal Contacts securely. IMPORTANT Make sure that the Metal Contacts are securely fastened. Do not over tighten. Getting Started...
Pet Collar Unit is powered on. Select Level of Static Correction Your SCOUTBARK100 is a smart bark detection device. If there is a bark from your dog, it delivers static correction to discourage or stop your dog from barking (see “"Free"...
Your dog is allowed five seconds of "free" barking time, after which a warning beep and vibration will trigger. Should your dog continue to bark, the Pet Collar Unit will administer a static correction at the level that you have selected. Using the SCOUTBARK100...
However, please remain consistent in your use of the Pet Collar Unit even after you noticed a reduction in your dog’s barking. Do not leave your dog alone when using the SCOUTBARK100 the first few times. As the static correction from the Pet Collar Unit may be startling to some dogs, stay around your dog after placing the Pet Collar Unit on its neck for the first few times.
5. Disposal of the Device (Environment) At the end of the product lifecycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
• Check your dog’s neck area for irritation and wash neck weekly. • Every effort has been made to ensure high standards of reliability of your SCOUTBARK100. However, if something does go wrong, please do not try to repair it yourself – contact Customer Service for assistance.
• No. The sensor will trigger only when the vibration of the vocal chords matches the barking sound. Is the SCOUTBARK100 appropriate and humane? • Yes. The SCOUTBARK100 is designed to get your dog’s attention, not to punish it. However, the initial correction may startle your dog. What is meant by static correction? •...
8. Troubleshooting When your dog does not seem to respond to the Static Correction • Make sure that the Pet Collar Unit is properly fitted on your dog. Loosely fitted collar will affect performance. For proper fit, the collar should be snug, yet loose enough to allow two fingers to fit between the strap and your dog's neck.
US and Canada 1-888-331-3383 Email: email@example.com Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
FCC, ACTA and Industry Canada (IC) regulations WARNING Changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. NOTE This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules.
Technical Specifications Power CR2450 Lithium Battery 3.0V Compliance FCC Part 15V, ICES-003 Water resistance IP54 General Information...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.