USER’S GUIDE Model: SCOUT1000 DIGITAL VIDEO PET MONITOR USER’S GUIDE The features described in user's guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain the original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of the dated sales receipt to confirm its warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Owner Unit 1. Display (LCD screen) 10. Power Adapter / Battery LED 2. Up Key BLUE when power on. Normal Mode: Tilt Up RED when battery low. Menu Mode: Up 11. Unit ON/OFF LED (Green) 3. Down Key 12.
Owner unit menu icons (cont’d) Pan/Tilt at normal speed Pan/Tilt at double speed Volume Level Control (8 Levels) Brightness Level Control (8 Levels) Soothing Pet Music Control (5 Song Selection) Zoom Level Control (1X, 2X) Alarm Setting (6h, 4h, 2h, OFF) Cam Control (scan, view, add, del) Temperature Reading (HH °C / °F or LL °C / °F) Icon &...
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ................. 6 2. Getting Started ................8 Pet Unit Power Supply..............8 Owner Unit Battery Installation ............8 Owner Unit Power Supply ..............9 Registration (Pairing)..............10 View Video Through TV..............10 3. Using the Digital Video Pet Monitor ........... 11 Setting up ..................11 Pan and Tilt ..................11 Night Vision Mode ................11...
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: STRANGULATION HAZARD – In case this unit is being used to monitor infants or children, keep the unit and adapter cord more than 3 feet from the crib and out of their reach. Never place camera or cords within a crib or near a bed. Secure the cord away from children’s reach.
• Do not cover the digital video pet monitor with a towel or blanket. • Never use extension cords with power adapters. Only use the power adapters provided. • Test this monitor and all its functions so that you are familiar with it prior to actual use.
2. Getting Started Pet Unit Power Supply 1. Connect the small plug of the power adapter to the pet unit and the other end to the electrical outlet. NOTE Only use the enclosed power adapter (5.9V DC / 1000mA). 2. Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The power LED will light up in green.
Owner Unit Power Supply IMPORTANT Installing the rechargeable battery pack and charging it fully before use is recommended. This will allow the unit to operate on battery in the event of a power failure. 1. Connect the small plug of the power adapter to the owner unit and the other end to the electrical outlet.
2. During power ON, when adapter is plugged in, the battery icon on screen's top right corner will show that the battery is charging. The Blue LED at the top left corner light up indicates adapter is plugged in. Registration (Pairing) The digital video pet monitor is pre-registered to your Owner Unit.
3. Using the Digital Video Pet Monitor Setting up • Place the pet unit in a convenient location (e.g. on a table) and point the camera lens towards the area you want to monitor. • Adjust the pet unit's head angle by rotating the camera up, down, left and right until you are satisfied with the image in the owner unit.
4. Owner Unit Menu Options Volume 1. Press the button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the LEFT button or button until is highlighted. < > 3. Press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired volume level from level 1 ~ 8.
Alarm 1. Press the button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until is highlighted. 3. Press the UP button or DOWN button to select the alarm time ). (The default setting is Alarm OFF.) If an alarm time is selected, the owner unit will beep for about 45 seconds after every 6, 4 or 2 hour period, and the alarm icon will flash red.
Quick Method to View Cameras instead of entering into the menu bar. Directly press OK repeatedly to select 4.6.3 Delete a camera 1. Press the button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the LEFT button or RIGHT button until is highlighted, <...
5. Disposal of The Device (environment) At the end of the product lifecycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
6. Cleaning Clean your Digital Video Pet Monitor with a slightly damp cloth or with an anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the product with thinners or other solvents and chemicals –- this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the warranty.
7. Help Display No display • Try recharging or replacing the battery pack. • Reset the units. Disconnect the battery pack of the owner unit and unplug both the units' electrical power, then plug them back in. • Is the unit turned on? Press and hold the ON/OFF key on the owner unit to turn it ON.
Interference Noise interference on your owner unit • Your pet and owner may be too close. Move them farther apart. • Make sure there is at least 3 to 6 feet between the 2 units to avoid audio feedback. • lf the pet unit is too far away it may be out of range, so move the pet unit closer to the owner unit.
To order a replacement battery pack, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory...
CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY, OR...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage. Use of Non-Motorola branded Products and Accessories. Defects or...
Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than MOTOROLA, BINATONE or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage. Altered Products. Products or Accessories with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated;...
FCC and IC regulations FCC Part l5 NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
WARNING Changes or modifications, to this equipment not expressively approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment. Industry Canada This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s): Operation is subject to the following Two conditions:(1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Technical Specifications Pet unit (Model: SCOUT1000PU) Frequency 2.4GHz to 2.48GHz Image sensor Color CMOS 0.3M Pixels Lens f 2.5mm, F 2.8 IR LED 8 pcs Power Adapter: BLJ5W059100P; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 5.9V, 1000mA Adapter: BLJ5W059100P; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 5.9V, 1000mA WARNING Use only with provided power supply.
Owner unit (Model: SCOUT1000MU) Frequency 2.4GHz to 2.48GHz Display 3.5" diagonal TFT LCD Display colors 16.7M color LCD Brightness control 8 steps Volume control 8 steps Power Adapter: BLJ5W060050P; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 6.0V, 500mA WARNING Use only with provided power supply. Battery: Model - DESAY, Ni-MH AAA 3 x 1.2V 900mAh rechargeable battery pack WARNING...
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved. Version 8.0 Printed in China...