,°sto,,ot,o° i Gos yo
Questions? call800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or visit our Web siteat:GEAppliances.com
in Canada, call1.800.561.3344or visit www.GEAppliances.ca
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructionscompletely and
for local inspector's
codes and ordinances.
, Note to Installer-
Be sure to leave these
with the customer.
with your Owner's
the outlet walls if they (]re bent.
diagram (]re located in the control console.
Do not allow children on or in the appliance.
when the appliance
is used near children.
Install the dryer where the temperature
above 50°F for satisfactory
the dryer control system.
Product failure due to improper
is not covered under the Warranty.
RISK OF FIRE
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow oil installation instructions.
• Clothes dryer installation must be performed by o qualified instolle[
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in accordance with local
codes. In the absence of local codes, installation must comply with Notional Fuel Gas
Code, ANSIZ223.1/NFPA54 or the Canadian Natural Gas and Propane Installation
• California SofaDrinking Water ond Toxic EnforcementAct.
This oct requires the governor of California to publish a list of substances known to
the state to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm and requires
businesses to worn customers of potential exposure to such substances. Gas
appliances con cause minor exposure to four of these substances, namely benzene,
carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and soot, caused primarily by the incomplete
combustion of natural gas or LP fuels. Properly adJusted dryers will minimize
incomplete combustion. Exposure to these substances con be minimized further by
properly venting the dryer to the outdoors.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Useonly 4" rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to the outdoors.
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic ducting materials, tf flexible metal
(semi-rigidor foil-type) duct is installed, it must be ULlisted and installed in accordance
with the instructions found in "Connecting The Dryer To House Vent" on page 6 of this
manual. Flexibleventing materials ore known to collapse, be easily crushed, and trap
lint. Theseconditions will obstruct dryer airflow and increase the risk of fire.
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could be exposed to
water and or weathe[
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave these instructions with the
In the state of Massachusetts:
must be performed
by a qualified
or licensed contractor,
plumber, or gasfitter
qualified or licensed by the state.
When using ball-type gas shut-offvalves,
they shall be T-handle type.
A flexible gas connector,
when used, must not exceed 3 feet.
TOOLS YOU WILL
8"PIPE W RENCH
SLIP J OINT P LIERS
FLAT B LADE SCREWDRIVER
.) M ATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4"DIAM M ETAL
4"DIA. F LEXIBLE
4"DIA. F LEXIBLE
METAL (FOIL WPE)
4"DUCT C LAMPS
GAS LINE CONNECTOR
FOR L EAK DETECTION