Questions? Call 800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or visit our Web site at: GEAppliances.com
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
Save these instructions for local
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these instructions with the
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions with your Owner's
Manual for future reference.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or discarded,
remove the dryer door.
• Inspect the dryer exhaust outlet and straighten the outlet
walls if they are bent.
• Service information and the wiring diagram are located in the
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance. Close supervision
of children is necessary when the appliance is used near
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above 50°F for
satisfactory operation of the dryer control system.
• Product failure due to improper installation is not
covered under the warranty.
NOTE: Installation and service of this dryer
requires basic mechanical and electrical
skills. It is your responsibility to contact a
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
Step 1 Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of
New Dryer (see section 1).
Step 2 Check and Ensure the Existing External Exhaust
is Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Step 4 Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Step 5 Connect the Power Supply (see section 2).
Step 6 Connect the External Exhaust (see section 4).
Step 7 Level Your Dryer (see section 5).
Step 8 Check the Operation of the Power Supply & Venting.
In Canada, call 1.800.561.3344 or visit www.GEAppliances.ca
governing codes and
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all
• Clothes dryer installation must be performed by a
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions
and in accordance with local codes.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only 4" rigid metal ducting for exhausting the
clothes dryer to the outdoors.
• DO NOT
installed, it must be UL listed and installed in accordance
with the instructions found in Connecting The Dryer To
House Vent on page 5 of this manual. Flexible venting
materials are known to collapse, be easily crushed, and
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location
where it could be exposed to water and or weather.
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave
these instructions with the customer).
• Install the clothes dryer according to the manufacturer's
instructions and local codes.
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (SEMI-RIGID)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
KIT WX08X10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (FOIL TYPE)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT (IF NEEDED.)
Step 9 Place the Owner's Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a location where they will be noticed by the
For Alcove or Closet Installation, see section 6.
For Bathroom or Bedroom Installation, see section 7.
For Mobile or Manufactured Home see, section 8.
For garage installation (if allowed by local codes), see section 9.
For side or bottom exhaust, see section 10.
RISK OF FIRE
4" DIA. METAL
4" COVER PLATE (IF NEEDED
31-16308 03-13 GE
WITH 3 OR 4 PRONGS.
IDENTIFY THE PLUG
TYPE AS PER THE