The calculator will display an error message whenever an error occurs for
any reason during a calculation. While an error message is displayed, press
or to return to the calculation screen. The cursor will be positioned
at the location where the error occurred, ready for input.
To clear the error message: While an error message is displayed, press
to return to the calculation screen. Note that this also clears the
calculation that contained the error.
• The intermediate or ﬁnal result of the calculation you are performing
exceeds the allowable calculation range.
• Your input exceeds the allowable input range (particularly when using
• The calculation you are performing contains an illegal mathematical
operation (such as division by zero).
→ Check the input values, reduce the number of digits, and try again.
→ When using independent memory or a variable as the argument of a
function, make sure that the memory or variable value is within the
allowable range for the function.
• The calculation you are performing has caused the capacity of the
numeric stack or the command stack to be exceeded.
• The calculation you are performing has caused the capacity of the matrix
or vector stack to be exceeded.
→ Simplify the calculation expression so it does not exceed the capacity
of the stack.
→ Try splitting the calculation into two or more parts.
• There is a problem with the format of the calculation you are performing.
• There is a problem with the argument of the calculation you are
Dimension ERROR (Matrix and Vector Modes only)
• The matrix or vector you are trying to use in a calculation was input
without specifying its dimension.
• You are trying to perform a calculation with matrices or vectors whose
dimensions do not allow that type of calculation.
→ Specify the dimension of the matrix or vector and then perform the
→ Check the dimensions speciﬁed for the matrices or vectors to see if
they are compatible with the calculation.
Variable ERROR (SOLVE feature only)
• An attempt to execute SOLVE for an expression input without any
→ Input an expression that includes a variable.
Cannot Solve (SOLVE feature only)
• The calculator could not obtain a solution.
→ Check for errors in the equation that you input.
→ Input a value for the solution variable that is close to the expected
solution and try again.