The majority of faults which could occur in
daily operation can be rectified by the
user. This ensures that the appliance is
quickly available for use again. The
following overview will help you locating
the causes and gives helpful advise to
If on the digital display )* an error code
), always disconnect the
appliance from the power supply and then
turn off the tap.
You can rectify certain faults yourself (see
following fault description), for all other
faults please contact customer service and
state the indicated fault :XX.
Don't forget: Repairs may be carried out
by technicians only. If a component has to
be replaced, ensure that only original
spare parts are used. Improper repairs or
use of non-original spare parts may cause
considerable damage and put the user at
... when the appliance is
The appliance does not start.
– The mains fuse has tripped.
– The appliance plug has not been
– The appliance door has not been shut
... changing settings
A setting cannot be changed, a
– Wrong programme button pressed.
Terminate the programme (see chapter
entitled "Terminating the programme
(Reset)") and start all over again.
– You did not wait until programme
Downloaded from DishWasher-Manual.com Manuals
... on the appliance
Lower spray arm rotates sluggishly.
– Spray arm blocked.
The door is difficult to open. *
– Child-proof lock is activated. The
deactivation instructions are at the
back in the envelope.
* depending on model
Door cannot be closed.
– Door lock has been activated. To reset,
close the door with greater force.
Cover on the detergent dispenser cannot
– Detergent dispenser overfilled or
mechanism blocked by sticky
Detergent residue in the detergent
– Dispenser was damp when filled.
"Check water supply" display 8 lights
– Tap turned off.
– Water supply interrupted.
– Supply hose kinked.
– Filter in the water supply blocked.
– Switch off the appliance and pull
out the mains plug.
– Turn off the tap.
– Clean filter in the supply hose.
– Reconnect power supply.
– Turn on the tap.
– Switch on the appliance.