When using this unit in proximity to the vehicle's battery and
engine, stand the unit on a flat, stable surface, and be sure
to keep all clamps, cords, clothing and body parts away
from moving parts of the vehicle.
This appliance contains a sealed lead-acid battery. It is
recommended that the appliance is positioned upright
during storage, use, and recharging.
Explosive gas may be vented from the lead acid batteries
when charging and under extreme conditions battery
leakage may occur. Ensure the area is well ventilated when
conducting jump starting and charging procedures.
Do not charge the appliance using the 12V connector when
the vehicle is occupied. Ensure the area is well ventilated.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, disconnect the
appliance from any power source before attempting
maintenance or cleaning. Turning off controls without
disconnecting the appliance will not reduce this risk.
The 12 Vdc outlet is strictly for use as an accessory outlet,
the maximum output is 5A. Never insert a vehicle cigarette
lighter into the unit's 12 Vdc accessory outlet.
Make sure the appliance is disconnected from all charging
power sources before beginning the jump start procedure.
Never attempt to use the ac charger and dc charging
Additional safety instructions for batteries and chargers
Never attempt to open for any reason.
Do not expose the battery to water.
Do not store in locations where the temperature may
exceed 40 °C.
Charge only at ambient temperatures between 10 °C and
Charge only using the chargers provided with the
When disposing of batteries, follow the instructions given in
the section "Protecting the environment".
Under extreme conditions, battery leakage may occur.
When you notice liquid on the batteries, carefully wipe the
liquid off using a cloth. Avoid skin contact.
In case of skin or eye contact, follow the instructions below.
Warning! The battery fluid is a diluted sulphuric acid and may
cause personal injury or damage to property. In case of skin
contact, immediately rinse with water. If redness, pain or
irritation occurs seek medical attention. In case of eye contact,
rinse immediately with clean water and seek immediate medical
Your charger has been designed for a specific voltage.
Always check that the mains voltage corresponds to the
voltage on the rating plate.
Warning! Never attempt to replace the charger unit with a
regular mains plug.
Use your Black & Decker charger only to charge the battery
in the tool with which it was supplied. Other batteries could
burst, causing personal injury and damage.
Never attempt to charge non-rechargeable batteries.
Have defective cords replaced immediately.
Do not expose the charger to water.
Do not open the charger.
Do not probe the charger.
The battery must be placed in a well ventilated area when
The following symbols are found on your charger:
Fail-safe isolating transformer. The mains supply
is electrically separated from the transformer
The charger automatically shuts off if the ambient
temperature becomes too high. As a
consequence the charger will be inoperable. The
charging base must be disconnected from the
mains supply and taken to an authorised service
centre for repair.
The charging base is intended for indoor use
Read the instruction manual before use.
This tool is double insulated; therefore no earth
wire is required. Always check that the power
supply corresponds to the voltage on the rating
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the
manufacturer or an authorised Black & Decker Service
Centre in order to avoid a hazard.