A UL listed or CSA approved conduit connector must be
If the house has aluminum wiring follow the procedure below:
1. Connect a section of solid copper wire to the pigtail
2. Connect the aluminum wiring to the added section of
copper wire using special connectors and/or tools
designed and UL listed for joining copper to aluminum.
Follow the electrical connector manufacturer's recommended
procedure. Aluminum/copper connection must conform with
local codes and industry accepted wiring practices.
Spacer Kit Installation
The microwave oven spacer kit allows the microwave oven to
be installed in an 17⁷⁄₁₆" to 17⁷⁄₈" (44.1 cm to 45.3 cm)
maximum cutout height.
If your cabinet cutout height is more than 17⁷⁄₁₆" (44.1 cm),
you must install the spacer kit. Proceed to "Assemble Spacer
If your cabinet cutout height is less than 17⁷⁄₁₆" (44.1 cm), you
do not have to install the spacer kit. Proceed to "Prepare
Built-In Microwave Oven."
Assemble Spacer Kit
1. Attach the bottom vent to spacer bars using four ³⁄₈" hex-
head washer screws.
NOTE: Spacer bar flanges should be facing out.
A. Bottom vent
B. Spacer bar flange
C. Spacer bars
" hex-head washer screws
Install Spacer Kit
1. Center assembled microwave oven spacer kit against lower
front edge of the cabinet cutout.
2. Using an ¹⁄₈" (0.32 cm) drill bit, drill through the mounting
holes in the spacer bars to create pilot holes.
For power requirements, refer to the following table.
Microwave With Convection Oven
19.9 A/3250 W
19.9 A/3250 W
3. Attach the assembled spacer kit to the cabinet using four ¾"
flat-head screws. Do not overtighten screws.
A. ¾" pan-head screws
B. Spacer kit assembly
Prepare Built-In Microwave Oven
1. Locate existing wiring to avoid drilling into or severing wiring
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
2. To avoid floor damage, set the microwave oven onto
cardboard prior to installation. Do not use handle or any
portion of the front frame for lifting.
3. Remove the shipping materials and tape from the microwave
4. Remove and set aside racks and other items from inside the
5. Remove the hardware package from inside the bag
6. Move the microwave oven and cardboard close to the
microwave oven's final location.