USER’S GUIDE Models: SCOUT500, SCOUT500/2, SCOUT500/3, SCOUT500/4 PET MONITOR USER’S GUIDE The features described in User's Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Owner Unit 1. Display (LCD screen) 7. Talk Key Press and hold to talk back through 2. Scroll Up/Volume+ Button the camera. 3. Scroll Down/Volume- Button 8. Power indicator LED Blue when 4. Return/Switch Camera Button main adaptor power ON. Press to return to previous menu level.
Overview of Your Pet Unit 1. Photo Sensor (Night Vision Mode) 6. Power Adapter Socket 2. Camera Lens 7. Pair Key 3. Infrared LEDs 8. Microphone 4. Power LED 9. Speaker 5. ON/OFF Switch Important guidelines for installing your Pet Monitor •...
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ................. 6 2. Getting Started ................8 Pet Unit Power Supply..............8 Owner Unit Battery Installation ............8 Owner Unit Power Supply ..............9 Registration (Pairing)..............11 3. Using the Pet Monitor ..............12 Setting up ..................12 Night Vision Mode ................12 Video ON/OFF................12 Talk Mode..................12 4.
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: STRANGULATION HAZARD - In case this unit is being to monitor infants or children, keep the unit and adapter cord more than 3 feet from the crib and out of their reach. Never place camera or cords within a crib or near a bed.
• Do not place the pet unit or cables in the crib or within reach of the pet (the unit should be at least 3 feet away). • Keep the cords out of reach of children and pet(s). • Do not cover the digital video pet monitor with a towel or blanket. •...
2. Getting Started Pet Unit Power Supply 1. Connect the small plug of the power adapter to the pet unit (camera) and the other end to the electrical outlet. NOTE Only use the enclosed power adapter (6V DC / 500mA) with the slightly larger DC plug.
Small cross head or Flat end screw driver. 2. Place the battery cover over the compartment and gently tighten the screw in a clockwise direction using a Small cross head or Flat end screwdriver. Owner Unit Power Supply IMPORTANT Installing the rechargeable battery pack and charging it fully before use is recommended.
4. IfIf there is no connection or you are out of range, the video display will go off and the symbol will f lash on the LCD display, and the unit will beep every 9 seconds. (If the unit is on scan symbol displays.) Move the owner unit closer to the pet until the link is re-established.
Registration (Pairing) The Pet monitor camera is pre-registered to your Owner Unit. You do not need to register it again unless the Pet Unit loses its link with the Owner Unit. To re-register your Pet Unit, or register a new Pet Unit, follow the procedure below: 1.
3. Using the Pet Monitor Setting up • Place the pet unit in a convenient location (e.g. on a table) and point the camera lens towards the area you want to monitor. • Adjust the pet unit's head angle by rotating the camera up, down, left and right until you are satisfied with the image in the owner unit.
4. Owner Unit Menu Options Volume 1. While in monitor mode, press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired volume level from level 1 ~ 8. (The default volume level setting is level Brightness 1. Press the button and the first menu option will appear.
Camera Control 4.5.1 Add (pair) a camera 1. Press the button and the first menu option will appear. 2. Press the DOWN button to select the ADD CAMERA icon press the button to confirm. will pop up, press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired Camera identification number, and press the button to start searching for a camera unit.
NOTE You cannot delete the camera if it is the only camera paired in the system. 4.5.4 Scan the cameras 1. Press the button and the first menu option will appear. 2. Press the DOWN button to select the VIEW CAMERA icon and press the button to confirm.
5. Disposal of The Device (environment) At the end of the product lifecycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
6. Cleaning Clean your Digital Video Pet Monitor with a slightly damp cloth or with an anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the product with thinners or other solvents and chemicals –- this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the warranty.
7. Help Display No display • Try recharging or replacing the battery pack. • Reset the units. Disconnect the battery pack of the owner unit and unplug both the units' electrical power, then plug them back in. • Is the unit turned on? Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the owner unit to turn it •...
Interference Noise interference on your owner unit • Your pet and owner units may be too close. Move them farther apart. • Make sure there is at least 3 to 6 feet (1 to 2 metres) between the 2 units to avoid audio feedback. •...
To order a replacement battery pack, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory...
CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY, OR...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage. Use of Non-Motorola branded Products and Accessories. Defects or...
Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than MOTOROLA, BINATONE or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage. Altered Products. Products or Accessories with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated;...
FCC and IC regulations FCC Part l5 NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
WARNING Changes or modifications, to this equipment not expressively approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment. Industry Canada This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s): Operation is subject to the following Two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Owner unit (Model: SCOUT500MU) Frequency 2.4GHz to 2.48GHz Display 2.4" diagonal Display colors 16M color LCD Brightness control 8 steps Volume control 8 steps Power Adapter: 5E-AD 060050-U; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 6V, 500mA Adapter: BLJ5W060050P; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 6V, 500mA WARNING Use only with provided power supply.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved. Version 1.0 Printed in China...