B A T T E R I E S
n Always fully charge your Sundancers batteries prior to your daily use.
n Maintain 30 psi (pounds per square inch) in all of your Sundancers tyres.
n Plan your route ahead to avoid as many hills, cracked, broken, or soft surfaces as possible.
n Limit your baggage weight to essential items.
n Try to maintain an even speed while your Sundancer is in motion.
n Avoid stop-and-go driving.
What type and size of battery should I use?
We recommend deep-cycle batteries that are sealed and maintenance free. Both sealed lead-acid (SLA) and gel cell
are deep-cycle batteries that are similar in performance in your Sundancer. Do not use wet-cell batteries, which have
CAUTION! Do not remove the caps from sealed batteries. Water cannot be added to sealed
batteries. Cap removal voids the battery warranty and may cause damage to the batteries and to
Use these specifications to reorder deep-cycle batteries:
Deep-cycle (SLA or gel cell)
12 volts each
To change a battery in your Sundancer:
1. Remove the seat and the rear shroud. See VIII. Disassembly and Assembly.
2. Disconnect the battery cables from the electronic controller module.
3. Disconnect the battery tie-down straps.
4. Disconnect the battery cables from the battery terminals.
5. Remove the old battery.
6. Place a new battery in the battery well.
7. Connect the red battery cable to the positive (+) battery terminal.
8. Connect the black battery cable to the negative (-) battery terminal.
9. Reconnect the battery cables to the electronic controller module.
10. Fasten the battery tie-down straps.
11. Reinstall the rear shroud and the seat.
WARNING! Battery posts, terminals and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds.
Wash hands after handling.
Why do my new batteries seem weak?
Deep-cycle batteries employ a different chemical technology than that used in car batteries, nickel-cadmium batteries
(nicads), or in other common battery types. Deep-cycle batteries are specifically designed to provide power, drain
down their charge, and then accept a relatively quick recharge.
A N D
C H A R G I N G