User’s Guide Video Baby Monitor Models: MBP421, MBP421/2, MBP421/3, MBP421/4 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Welcome... to your new Motorola Video Baby Monitor! Thank you for purchasing the MBP421. Now you can view and hear your baby sleeping in another room or you can monitor your older children in their play room. Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status.
Overview of the Parent Unit LEFT/- < LCD display Battery level indicator While in a menu, press to choose the On when the parent unit battery is being option on the left side. charged. While viewing a zoomed image, press to Flashes when the parent unit battery is zoom out;...
Parent Unit display icons Connection status displays when a strong signal strength is detected between the baby unit and the parent unit. displays when a moderate signal strength is detected between the baby unit and the parent unit. displays when the link between the baby unit and the parent unit is lost.
Overview of Your Baby Unit Camera lens Microphone Infrared lights Control key panel 4 x infra-red LEDs for night vision PAIR illumination. Press and hold to pair with the parent Power/Link indicator unit. On steadily when the baby unit is Power ON/OFF button powered on and currently linked to Press and hold to turn on or off.
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started..................9 Connecting baby unit to power ..............9 Installing battery and connecting parent unit to power ......10 Belt clip/stand on parent unit..............11 3. Using Your Baby Monitor ................ 12 Power on or off the baby unit ..............
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: STRANGULATION HAZARD - Keep the unit and adapter cord more than 1 metre from the cot and out of the baby's reach. NEVER place camera or cords within the cot. Secure the cords more than 1 metre away from the baby's reach.
• Test this monitor and all its functions so that you are familiar with it prior to actual use. • Do not use the Baby Monitor in damp areas or close to water. • Do not install the Baby Monitor in extreme cold or heat, direct sunlight, or close to a heat source.
2. Getting Started Connecting baby unit to power DC JACK DC PLUG 1. Insert the DC plug of the power adapter with the smaller DC plug into the DC jack on the side of the baby unit. 2. Connect the other end of the power adapter to a suitable mains power. NOTE Only use the provided power adapter.
Installing the battery and connecting the parent unit to power A rechargeable battery pack is supplied and should be fitted, so that the parent unit can be moved without losing the link and picture from the baby unit(s). Charge the parent unit before use. We recommend that the unit be charged for 15 hours prior to first use.
Belt clip/stand on parent unit Belt clip position Desktop position 1. The belt clip/stand attaches to the back of the parent unit and clips into the locking slots on each side. NOTE It will only fit one way, as indicated by UP and the arrows on the inside of the clip.
3. Using Your Baby Monitor Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that this baby monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible and proper parental supervision. Power on or off the baby unit •...
2. Press to scroll to < > 3. Press to adjust the brightness. 4. Press MENU/SELECT to confirm your selection. Adjust the sound sensitivity of the baby unit You can use the parent unit to set the sound sensitivity level of the baby units from Level 1 to Level 5.
Zoom You can zoom in or out while viewing an image from the baby unit. > 1. Press to zoom in. < > 2. Press and hold to move the zoomed image upward, downward, leftward or rightward correspondingly. < 3. Press to zoom out.
4. Disposal Of The Device (Environment) At the end of the product lifecycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
6. Troubleshooting Power Indicator on the parent unit does not come on • Check whether the parent unit is powered on. • Check whether the supplied battery pack is correctly installed and that they are not drained. • Recharge the parent unit by connecting it to the power supply. Power/Link Indicator on the baby unit flashes •...
Cannot view the video image of the object from the parent unit • The LCD brightness may be set too low. Try to increase the brightness level. Refer to section 3.6 for details. • The parent unit and the monitoring baby unit may be out of range with each other.
To order a replacement battery pack for parent unit, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE") What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE., are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
NW2 7HF, United Kingdom. Declare under our sole responsibility that the following product Type of equipment: Digital Baby Monitor Model Name: MBP421 Country of Origin: China Brand: Motorola complies with the essential protection requirements of R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC on the...