User’s Guide Digital Video Baby Monitor Models: MBP483, MBP483-2, MBP483-3, MBP483-4 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Welcome... to your new Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor! Thank you for purchasing the MBP483. Now you can see and hear your baby sleeping in another room or you can monitor your older children in their playroom. Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status.
Overview of the Parent Unit Power ON/OFF button press to zoom out or press and hold Press and hold to turn the Parent Unit to move the image towards the right. on or off. TALK BACK Press to turn the screen on or off. Press and hold to talk back to the Sound Level indicators baby unit.
Parent Unit menu icons Connection Status (4 Levels) displays when strong signal is detected between the Baby Unit and the Parent Unit. displays when moderate signal is detected between the Baby Unit and the Parent Unit. flashes when the Parent Unit is out of range with the Baby Unit. displays when the link between the Parent Unit and the Baby Unit is lost.
Overview of Your Baby Unit Power ON/OFF switch Pair Key Slide to turn the Baby Unit on or off. Press and hold to pair with the Microphone Parent Unit. Infrared LEDs (6) Power Adapter Socket Light Sensor (Night Vision Mode) Temperature Sensor Camera Lens Power/Link indicator...
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started ..................10 Baby Unit Power Supply................10 Parent Unit Battery Installation ..............11 Parent Unit Power Supply ................ 12 Desktop Stand of the Parent Unit ............13 3. Using the Baby Monitor ................14 Setting Up ....................
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: Strangulation Hazard: Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 3ft away). Do not remove this tag. Never use extension cords with AC Adapters. Only use the AC Adapters provided.
BABY UNIT SET UP & USE: • Determine a location for the Baby Unit that will provide the best view of your baby in his/her cot. • Place the Baby Unit on a flat surface, such as a dresser, bureau, or shelf or mount the Unit to a wall securely using the keyhole slots in the underside of the stand.
• Do not touch the plug contacts with sharp or metal objects. • Connect the power adapters to easily accessible electrical outlets. CAUTION Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to their instructions. Use only the rechargeable battery pack with rating: 3.6V 800mAh Safety Instructions...
2. Getting Started Baby Unit Power Supply ON/OFF switch 1. Insert the DC plug of the power adapter into the DC socket on the back of the Baby Unit. 2. Connect the other end of the power adapter to a suitable electrical outlet. 3.
Parent Unit Battery Installation A rechargeable battery pack is supplied and should be installed and charged, so that the Parent Unit can be moved without losing the link and picture from the Baby Unit(s). Charge the battery in the Parent Unit before using it for the first time or when the Parent Unit indicates that the battery is low (flashes in red).
Parent Unit Power Supply 1. Insert the DC plug of the power adapter into the DC socket on the side of the Parent Unit. 2. Connect the other end of the power adapter to a suitable electrical outlet. The battery status indicator lights up in green. IMPORTANT Only use the supplied power adapter and battery pack.
3. Using the Baby Monitor Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that this baby monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible adult supervision. Setting Up • Make sure that the Baby Unit and Parent Unit are both switched on. •...
Night Vision Mode The Baby Unit has 6 high-intensity infrared LEDs for picking up clear images in the dark. When the built-in photo sensor on the top of the unit detects a low level of ambient light, the LEDs will automatically activate and the screen on the Parent Unit will display in black and white.
4. Parent Unit Menu Options Adjust Speaker Volume Volume 1 Volume 5 You can adjust the speaker volume from , or turn it off. Press + or - on the Parent Unit when it is in camera viewing mode. When the speaker volume is set to off, the screen displays LCD Brightness Level 1...
4.3.1 Set lullaby You can to play lullabies on the Baby Unit to comfort your baby. 1. Press M when the Parent Unit is in camera viewing mode. < 2. Press to scroll to 3. Press to choose your desired lullaby. 4.
4.4.3 Temperature Alert You can set whether to receive an alert when the room temperature goes beyond the temperature range. 1. Press M when the Parent Unit is in camera viewing mode. < 2. Press to scroll to . and press the O button. 3.
Pair and Replace a Baby Unit The Baby Units and Parent Unit provided are already paired. You can add or replace a Baby Unit in your video and audio monitoring system. You can pair a maximum of four Baby Units to your Parent Unit. Each new Baby Unit must be paired to the Parent Unit before use.
5. Disposal of the Device (environment) At the end of the product’s life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the Product, User’s Guide and/or box indicates this.
6. Cleaning Clean your Baby Monitor with a slightly damp or anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the product with thinners or other solvents and chemicals –- this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the Warranty.
7. Troubleshooting Power/Link Indicator on the Parent Unit does not come on • Check whether the Parent Unit is powered on. • Check whether the supplied battery pack is correctly installed and that they are charged. • Recharge the Parent Unit by connecting it to the power supply. Power/Link Indicator on the Baby Unit flashes •...
• The Parent Unit and the monitoring Baby Unit may be out of range with each other. Reduce the distance between the units, but not closer than 3 feet. The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise • The Parent Unit and the Baby Unit are too close to each other. Make sure the Parent Unit and Baby Unit are at least 3 feet away from each other.
To order a replacement battery pack, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
FCC and IC regulations FCC Part l5 NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
WARNING Changes or modifications, to this equipment not expressively approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible. Industry Canada This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s): Operation is subject to the following Two conditions:(1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including...
9. Technical Specifications Baby Unit Frequency 2407.5 - 2475 MHz Channels Operating Temperature C - 45 Image sensor Color CMOS 0.3M Pixels Lens f 2.7mm, F 2.6 IR LED 6 pcs Power Supply Adapter Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA Rating Output 6VDC, 500mA. Parent Unit Frequency 2407.5 - 2475 MHz...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.