• When not in use, the appliance should be
stored in a dry place. Children should not
have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches and
any other conditions that may affect its
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised repair
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply
cord or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by
an authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord
and do not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
• Do not attempt to repair the appliance. Take
it to your nearest Black & Decker-owned or
authorised Service Centre for repair.
• This product must be earthed. Always check
that the power supply corresponds to the
voltage on the rating plate.
• Power plugs must match the outlet. Never
modify the plug in any way. Do not use any
adapter plugs with earthed (Class 1)
appliances. Unmodiﬁed plugs and matching
outlets will reduce the risk of electric shock.
Extension cables & Class 1
• A 3-core cable must be used as your
appliance is earthed and of Class 1
• Up to 30m (100ft) can be used without loss of
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorized Black & Decker Service Center in
order to avoid a hazard.
Mains plug replacement
If a new mains plug needs to be ﬁtted:
• Safely dispose of the old plug
• Connect the brown lead to the live terminal of
the new plug
• Connect the blue lead to the neutral terminal
• If the product is class I (earthed), connect the
green/yellow lead to the earth terminal.
Note: If your product is class II double insulated
(only 2 wires in the cord set), no connection is to
be made to the earth terminal.
Follow the ﬁtting instructions supplied with good
Any replacement fuse must be of the same
rating as the original fuse supplied with the
Warning! The above section on mains plug
replacement is for authorized service centre