SL112B ManualEN 101607.qxp
• EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an
extension cord, be sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An
undersized cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The
following table shows the correct size to use depending on cord length and nameplate ampere
rating. If in doubt, use the next heavier gage. The smaller the gage number, the heavier the cord.
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
D A N G E R : Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WA R N I N G : Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools
and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or
used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any tool or equipment.
THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE V-1 MILLION
POWER SERIES SPOTLIGHT MODEL SL112B.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY:
• Follow these instructions and those published by the manufacturer of any equipment you intend to use with
this unit. Review cautionary markings on these products.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to
cause cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
Do not plug in a power supply without the bulb lens and cover in place.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD: Never contact combustible material to the lens and never tape or tie the switch
in the on position.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• All halogen lights give off heat:
– Do not touch lens while operating.
– Keep combustibles away from spotlight lens. Extreme heat can cause fires.
– Never place the light face-down on any surface when lit.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Keep sharp objects away from lens — it is glass and can break.
• Do not immerse spotlight in water.
• Do not drop or throw spotlight. It contains glass and a sealed lead acid battery.
• Only replace bulb with type indicated in specifications (6 volt, H3 55 watt quartz halogen).
• Use only with AC or DC charging adapters that are provided with unit. Plug in the charging adapter at the
spotlight first, then plug into the charging source.
• Do not overcharge:
– AC recharge up to 14 hours maximum.
– DC recharge up to 14 hours maximum.
• NEVER ATTEMPT TO USE THE AC CHARGER AND DC CHARGING PORT SIMULTANEOUSLY.
• After charging/recharging, disconnect charging adapter or extension cord and wait 5 minutes before use.
• Do not crush, cut, pull or expose charging adapter cords to extreme heat.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS