GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Read and understand all instructions before operating product. Failure to
follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENT. Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations.
Don't use appliances in the rain.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be stored
indoors in dry place.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DON'T ABUSE PLUG. Never yank plug to disconnect from receptacle. Keep plug from
heat and oil.
• DISCONNECT APPLIANCES. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not
in use, before servicing, and when changing batteries.
• GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER (GFCI) protection should be provided on the
circuits or outlets to be used. Receptacles are available having built in GFCI protection and
may be used for this measure of safety.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or attachment
not recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous. Note: Refer to the
accessory section of this manual for further details.
• CHECK FOR DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the appliance, check to determine that
it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for breakage of parts,
mounting, and any other conditions that may affect its operation. A part that is damaged
should be properly repaired or replaced by an authorized service center unless otherwise
indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual. Have defective switches replaced by
authorized service center. Do not use appliance if switch does not turn it ON and OFF.
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result
in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could
result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result
in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
WARNING: RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety
precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation,
maintenance or modification of tools or equipment could result in serious injury and property
damage. There are certain applications for which tools and equipment are designed. Black &
Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for any application
other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating instructions
before using any tool or equipment.