7. Release the ControlKnoband turnto "ON".
Nevertestfor leakswith a flame.Priorto first
use,at the beginning of eachseason,or every
time yourLP gas tank is changed, y ou must
checkfor gasleaks.Followthesefour steps:
1. Makea soapsolutionby mixingone part
liquiddetergent a ndone part water.
Turn the Control
Knob to the full OFF
then turn the gas ON at source.
to all gas
appear in the soap
are not properly
Check each fitting
and tighten or repair as
off the gas
® or your
If the patio heater does not light you may
need to purge air from the gas line or reset
the regulator excess gas flow device.
should be done every time a
new LP gas tank is connected
to your patio
To purge air from your gas line and/or
reset the Regulator
excess gas flow
• Turn the Control Knob to the off position.
• Turn off the gas at the tank valve.
from the LP gas
• Let unit stand for 5 minutes.
to LP gas tank.
• Turn the tank valve on slowly until 1/4 to
• Follow lighting steps 5 through 7 listed
Improper installation, adjustment, alteration,
service or maintenance can cause injury, death or
property damage and will void your product warranty.
Note: At first use, the Patio Heater Reflector
may emit a slight odor and smoke due to the
of oils used in the manufacturing
of this aluminum
part. This is to be
1. Familiarize yourself with the safety instructions
and warnings at the front of this Owner's Manual.
Do not smoke while lighting patio heater or check-
ing gas supply connections. Be sure your patio
heater is placed in accordance with the minimum
clearance from combustibles as shown on page 5
of this Owner's Manual.
Be sure the LP gas tank is filled.
A strong gas smell, or the hissing sound of
a serious problem with your
patio heater or the LP gas tank. Failure
follow the steps listed below
could result in a fire or explosion
could cause serious bodily injury, death, or
• Shut off gas supply to the patio heater.
any open flame.
• Get away from the LP gas tank.
• Do not try to fix the problem
• tf odor continues
or you have a fire you
call your fire department.
Do not call near the LP gas tank because
is an electrical
could create a spark resulting
3. Make sure all gas connections are securely
Set Control Knob to "OFF" and open the LP gas
5. Push and hold the Control Knob, then slowly turn it
to "PILOT". The Ignitor will continuously spark at
the same time.
Look through the 1/2" Manual Lighting Hole to
see if the Pilot Flame is lit. If lit, continue
pressing the Control Knob for 15 seconds
ensure the Pilot Flame remains on. If the
pilot is not lit, turn the Control
"OFF", and wait 5 minutes
for gas to clear
to light again.
VIEW OF PILOT