Download  Print this page

Safety; Precautions To Avoid Possible Exposure To Excessive Microwave Energy; Grounding Instructions - Kenmore 721.62362 Use And Care Manual

Kenmore microwave oven user manual
Hide thumbs

Advertisement

PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE
TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY ...
• Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open, since open-door operation can result
in harmful exposure to microwave energy, It is important not to defeat or tamper with the safety
interlock.
• Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important that the oven door close
properly and that there is no damage to the:
- door (bent)
- hinges and latches (broken or loosened)
- door seals and sealing surfaces.
• Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door, or allow soil or cleaner
residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
• The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service
personnel,
GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
This appliancemust be grounded! Ifan electrical shortcircuitoccurs,grounding reducesthe risk of electricshock
by providing an escapewire for the electriccurrent.This applianceis equippedwitha cordhavinga grounding
wire with a groundingplug.
Putthe plugintoan outletthat is properlyinstalled and grounded.
WARNING
If you use the grounding plug improperly, you risk electric shock.
Ask a qualified electrician or the Sears Service Department if you do not understand the grounding instructionsor
if you wonder whether the appliance is properly grounded.
This appliance has a short power supply cord to reduce the risk of anyone's tripping over or becoming entangled
in the cord. You may use an extension cord if you are careful.
If you use an extension cord, be sure that:
• The extension cord has the same electrical rating as
the appliance.
• The marked rating of the extension cord shall be
equal to or greater than the electrical rating of
the appliance.
• The extension cord is a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
• The extension cord does not drape over a
countertop or tabletop, where it can be pulled on
by children or tripped over accidentally.
• The electrical cord is dry and not pinched or
crushed in any way.

Advertisement

loading