We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey
all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol
This symbol alerts you to hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
All safety messages will be preceded by the safety alert symbol and the word "DANGER" or
"WARNING." These words mean:
be killed or seriously injured if you don't
be kilied or seriously Injured if you don't
All safety messages will identify the hazard, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can
happen if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using the dishwasher,
follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using the dishwasher.
• Use the dishwasher only for its intended function.
• Use only detergents or rinse agents recommended
for use in a dishwasher and keep them out of the
reach of children.
• When loading items to be washed:
1) Locate sharp items so that they are not likely to
damage the door seal; and
2) Load sharp knives with the handles up to reduce
the risk of cut-type injuries.
• Do not wash plastic items unless they are marked
"dishwasher safe" or the equivalent. For plastic
items not so marked, check the manufacturer's
• Do not touch the heating element during or
immediately after use.
• Do not operate the dishwasher unless all enclosure
panels are properly in place.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not abuse, sit on, or stand on the door or dish racks
of the dishwasher.
,,To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children to play
in or on the dishwasher.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be pro-
duced in a hot water system that has not been used for
two weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE.
If the hot water system has not been used for such a
period, before using the dishwasher turn on all hot water
faucets and let the water flow from each for several min-
utes. This will release any accumulated hydrogen
gas. As the gas is flammable, do not smoke or use an
open flame during this time.
• Remove the door to the washing compartment when
removing an old dishwasher from service or discarding it.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS