40" DUAL FUEL RANGE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Important Notes to the Installer
1. Read all instructions contained in these installation
instructions before installing range.
2. Remove all packing material from the oven
compartments before connecting the electrical supply to
the range (see "Preparation", page 5).
3. Two anti-tip brackets, located inside the oven cavity MUST
be installed (see "Anti-Tip Bracket Installation", page 8).
4. Observe all governing codes and ordinances.
5. Be sure to leave these instructions with the consumer.
Important Note to the Consumer
Keep these instructions with your owner's guide for future
Installation of this range must conform with local codes
or, in the absence of local codes, with CAN/CGA-B149.1
and CAN/CGA-B149.2 standards.
This range has been design certified by the American
Gas Association. As with any appliance using gas and
generating heat, there are certain safety precautions you
should follow. You will find them in the Use and Care
Guide, read it carefully.
• Be sure your range is installed and grounded
properly by a qualified installer or service
• All ranges can
• Injury to
• Install anti-tip
• This range must be electrically grounded in
accordance with local codes or, in their absence,
with CSA standard C22.1, Canadian Electrical
Code, Part 1.
• The installation of appliances designed for
manufactured (mobile) home installation must conform
with Manufactured Home Construction and Safety
Standard, title 24CFR, part 3280 [Formerly the Federal
Standard for Mobile Home Construction and Safety,
title 24, HUD (part 280)] or when such standard
is not applicable, the Standard for Manufactured
Home Installation 1982 (Manufactured Home Sites,
Communities and Setups), ANSI Z225.1/NFPA 501A-
latest edition, or with CAN/CSA-Z240 MH.
(Models with Electric Ovens and Gas Cooktop)
To reduce the risk of tipping
of the range, the range
must be secured by properly
installed anti-tip bracket(s)
provided with the range.
To check if the bracket(s) is
installed properly, remove
the lower panel or stor-
age drawer and verify that
the anti-tip bracket(s) is
• Make sure the wall coverings around the range
can withstand the heat generated by the range.
• Before installing the range in an area covered
with linoleum or any other synthetic floor
covering, make sure the floor covering can
withstand heat at least 90°F (32.2 °C ) above
room temperature without shrinking, warping or
discoloring. Do not install the range over carpeting
unless you place an insulating pad or sheet of 1/4"
(0.6 cm) thick plywood between the range and
• Do not obstruct the flow of combustion air at the
oven vent nor around the base or beneath the
lower front panel of the range. Avoid touching the
vent openings or nearby surfaces as they may become
hot while the oven is in operation. This range requires
fresh air for proper burner combustion.
Never leave children alone or
unattended in the area where an appliance is in
use. As children grow, teach them the proper, safe use
of all appliances. Never leave the oven door open when
the range is unattended.
Stepping, leaning or sitting on the
door(s) or drawer of this range can result in serious
injuries and can also cause damage to the range.
• Do not store items of interest to children in
the cabinets above the range. Children could be
seriously burned climbing on the range to reach items.
• To eliminate the need to reach over the surface
units, cabinet storage space above the units
should be avoided.
• Adjust surface burner flame size so it does not
extend beyond the edge of the cooking utensil.
Excessive flame is hazardous.
• Do not use the oven as a storage space. This
creates a potentially hazardous situation.
• Never use your range for warming or heating the
room. Prolonged use of the range without adequate
ventilation can be dangerous.
• Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
vapors and liquids near this or any other
appliance. Explosions or fires could result.
• In the event of an electrical power outage, the surface
burners can be lit manually. To light a surface burner,
hold a lit match to the burner head and slowly turn
the Surface Control knob to Lite. Use caution when
lighting surface burners manually.
• Reset all controls to the "off" position after using
a programmable timing operation.
This appliance is equipped with a
4-prong grounding plug for your protection against
shock hazard, and should be plugged directly into a
properly grounded receptacle. Do not cut or remove
the ground prong from this plug.