I X .
D I S A S S E M B LY A N D A S S E M B LY
WARNING! Lifting weight beyond your physical capability may result in personal injury.
Ask for assistance when necessary while disassembling or assembling your PMV.
No tools are required to disassemble or assemble your Hurricane PMV. Always disassemble or assemble your
Hurricane PMV on a level, dry surface with sufficient room for you to work and move around your PMV. Keep in
mind that the disassembled sections of the Hurricane PMV take up more floor space than the assembled PMV.
You can disassemble the Hurricane PMV into seven pieces: the seat, the front section, the rear section, the rear
shroud, the basket, and the batteries. Place the Hurricane PMV in an area where you have sufficient clearance to
move the parts around. You need about four or five feet in all directions. You may need assistance to lift some of the
Hurricane PMV components. See IV. Specifications for individual component weights.
1. Place the manual freewheel lever in the drive (down) position.
2. Coil the charger power cord and store it in the rear storage compartment. See figure 7.
3. Pull up on the seat rotation lever to unlock the seat. Rotate the seat one eighth of a turn, and lift the seat up and
off the Hurricane PMV. See figure 18.
4. Gently lift the rear shroud off of the Hurricane PMV. See figure 19.
5. Disconnect the battery tie-down strap.
6. Unplug both black and white 2-pin battery harnesses. See figure 20.
7. Unplug the silver front-to-rear harness that connects the control console assembly to the electronics module.
See figure 21.
8. Lift both batteries off the Hurricane PMV. See figure 22.
CAUTION! Failure to unplug both battery harnesses and the front-to-rear harness prior to
disassembly could result in permanent damage to the Hurricane PMV.
9. Push the locking cam levers forward and remove the ball detent pins. See figures 23 and 24.
10. Remove the docking device ball detent pin. See figure 25.
11. Gently slide the two sections of the Hurricane PMV apart. See figure 26.
12. Grab the handle grip on the tiller, pull upward on the tiller adjustment lever, and gently lower the tiller down to
the center of the Hurricane PMV chassis until it is fully lowered.
NOTE: There is no need to disconnect the motor harness when disassembling the Hurricane PMV. See
Figure 18. Seat Removal
Figure 19. Rear Shroud Removal