Thank you for choosing Black & Decker!
Go to www.BlackandDecker.com/NewOwner
to register your new product.
PLEASE READ BEFORE RETURNING THIS
PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON:
If you have a question or experience a problem with your Black & Decker purchase, go to
for instant answers 24 hours a day.
If you can't find the answer or do not have access to the internet,
call 1-800-544-6986 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Mon. -- Fri. to speak with an agent.
Please have the catalog number available when you call.
SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Cat No BDL100AV
Form # 90560476
Copyright © 2011 Black & Decker
WARNING: Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed
below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result
in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could
result in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result
in minor or moderate injury.
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates a potentially hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
• Do not use optical tools such as a telescope or transit to view the laser beam.
DANGER: Laser Radiation, avoid direct eye exposure, serious eye injury can result.
• Do not place the laser in a position which may cause anyone to intentionally or
unintentionally stare into the laser beam. Serious eye injury could result
• Do not operate the laser around children or allow children to operate the laser.
WARNING: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE LASER. There are no user serviceable parts
inside. Disassembling the Laser will void all warranties on the product. Do not modify the
product in any way. Modifying the tool may result in Hazardous Laser Radiation Exposure.
WARNING: Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than
those specified in this manual may result in hazardous laser radiation exposure.
• Do not operate in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids,
gases, or dust.
• Use only with the specifically designated batteries. Use of any other batteries may create a
risk of fire.
• Store idle product out of reach of children and other untrained persons. Lasers are
dangerous in the hands of untrained users.
• Use only accessories that are recommended by the manufacturer for your model.
Accessories that may be suitable for one laser, may create a risk of injury when used on
• Repairs and servicing MUST be performed by a qualified repair facility. Repairs performed
by unqualified personnel could result in serious injury.
• Do not remove or deface warning labels. Removing labels increases the risk of exposure to
• Turn the laser off when it is not in use. Leaving the laser on increases the risk of staring into
the laser beam.
• Position the laser securely. Damage to the laser or injury could result if the laser falls.
• For indoor use only.
• This product is intended for use in a temperature range of 50° F (10° C) - 104° F (40° C)."
CAUTION: The wall mounting suction cup is a temporary device that will lose suction
over varying amounts of time depending on the material it is attached to. It should not
be left unattended for extended periods of time.
CAUTION: Use caution when drilling, nailing or cutting into walls, floors and ceilings which may
contain electrical wiring or pipes. Always turn off the power when working near electrical wires.
First Aid Measures for Bubble Vial Content
In case of skin contact, flush with soap and water. In case of eye contact, flush with flowing water.
If swallowed, get medical help. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available from 1-800-544-6986.
The label on your tool may include the following symbols:
nm ........................wavelength in nanometers IIa ........................Class IIa Laser
Catalog No. BDL100AV
Printed in China
For your convenience and safety, the following labels are on your laser.
Pour plus de commodité et de sécurité, les étiquettes suivantes sont apposées sur votre laser.
Para su comodidad y seguridad, el láser incluye las siguientes etiquetas:
Avoid exposure-Laser radiation emitted from this aperture.
Éviter toute exposition au rayonnement laser émis par cette
Evite la exposición - Por este orificio se emite la radiación
A.) Battery Door
B.) Laser Line
C.) On / Off Switch
D.) Audio On / Off Button
E.) Color Changing Bubble
F.) Wall Suction Cup
G.) Wall Mounting Suction
I.) Pin (optional)
J.) Release Tab
Replacing the Batteries - Figure 1
Ensure laser on/off switch (C) is in the full off
position by moving switch actuator to center
position "O". Remove the battery door (A).
Insert 2 fresh 1.5 volt AAA alkaline batteries
making sure to match (+) and (-) terminals
correctly as marked on inside of battery door.
Close battery door.
WARNING: Batteries can explode, or leak,
and can cause injury or fire.
To reduce this risk:
• Carefully follow all instructions and warnings
on the battery label and package.
• Always insert batteries correctly with regard
to polarity (+ and -), marked on the battery
and the equipment.
• Do not short battery terminals.
• Do not charge batteries.
• Remove dead batteries immediately and
dispose of per local codes.
• Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
• Keep batteries out of reach of children.
• Remove batteries if the device will not be used for several months.
"Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently
come in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the like.
The US Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) actually
prohibit transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes (i.e. packed in suitcases and
carryon luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short circuits. So when
transporting individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and
well insulated from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit."
The BDL100AV is a versatile tool which allows you to level and align shelves, pictures, large
appliances and more. It is designed to work on painted drywall vertical surfaces (semi-gloss,
satin, egg shell and matte). Also primed drywall, glass and most plastic and metal.
• The laser level can be attached to a wall using either the temporary wall mounting suction
USING THE TEMPORARY WALL MOUNTING SUCTION CUP
cup (G) or (in rare circumstances for non-
smooth surfaces) pin (I).
CAUTION: Temporary wall mounting
impermeable surfaces such as painted
suction cup should only be used on smooth
drywall vertical surfaces (semi-gloss, satin,
egg shell and matte), primed drywall, glass
and most plastic and metal.
• To use the temporary wall mounting suction
cup, place on wall in approximate location of
item to be leveled and push in on the suction
cup button (F).
• Release temporary wall mounting suction
cup button and check to make sure that the
wall attachment is firmly seated on the wall.
• NOTE: In the rare instance when the
temporary wall mounting suction cup is left
on the wall for an extended period of time,
any resulting marks can be removed with
warm soapy water and a damp cloth.
• Multilevel suction scale shown in figure 2a
provides information about vacuum inside
cup. When red color bar appears suction is
low. Press button again or unit will fall soon.