V1.0 RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS This manual is only for ASUS authorized service centers to repair ASUS LCD product. The documents are provided as is and no copy, reproduction or transfer shall be made without first acquiring prior written approval from...
Release Version List Version Issue Date Remarks V1.0 2006.09.05 First Release...
I. MW221/201 LCD Monitor Overview Main product features include： 16:10 wide display format 1680*1050 WSXGA+ High Resolution Trace-Free Technology provide 2ms(GTG) Response Time 330nits Brightness with 800:1 Contrast Ratio(MW221U) 170/160 Degree Wide Viewing Angle SPLENDIDTM Video Intelligence Technology HDCP function for digital signals with DVI input 5 Video Preset Modes (hotkey) &...
III. MMI Front side 1. Headphone port This port connects a headphone with a stereo mini-plug (3.5mm). The headphone port is under the icon The headphone is purchased separately, 2. SPLENDID Button: Use this hotkey to switch from five video preset modes (Game Mode, Night View Mode, Scenery Mode, Standard Mode, and Theater Mode) with SPLENDID™...
4. MENU Button: Press this button to enter/select the icon (function) highlighted while the OSD is activated. 5.+►Button: Press this button to increase the value of the function selected or move right/down to the next function. This is also a hotkey for Brightness adjustment. Power button/power indicator Press this button to turn the monitor on/off The color definition of the power indicator is as the below table.
Back side Rear Connectors Rear Connectors (From left to right) 1. PWR port. This port connects the power connector from the bundled power cord. 2. Audio-in port. This port connects PC audio source by the bundled audio cable. 3. DVI port. This 24-pin port is for PC (Personal Computer) DVI-D digital signal connection.
IV. Menu & Operating Mode Menu Splendid Image Color (1) Scenery Mode (1) Brightness (1) Color Temp. (2) Standard Mode (2) Contrast (2)Skin Tone (3) Theater Mode (3) Sharpness (4) Game Mode (4) Saturation (5) Night View Mode (5) Position (For VGA only) (6) Focus (For VGA only) Input Select System Setup...
V. Disassembly & Assembly 1. Precaution Please read the precautions as follows to prevent any damages to the LCD Monitor and also select the appropriate tools for disassembly and re-assembly. Make sure all power connection is removed. Be sure that the LCD Monitor is in power off status.
2. Suggest Tools Here are some tools that can be used for the LCD monitor’s service and repair. Philips-head Screwdriver Use a Philips-head screwdriver to fasten/remove the K- or B-typed screws P/N：N/A Gloves To protect LCD Panel and your hand P/N: (L) 16-003300131 (M) 16-003300130 C/D Disassembly Tool Use C/D Disassembly Tool to open cosmetic cover and avoid scratch.
Information in this section is to perform the disassembly procedure of the LCD monitor. Depending on the failures, replace the defective parts accordingly. Asus MW221/201 LCD Monitor consists of various subsystems. This section describes the procedures for LCD monitor disassembly. In addition, the detailed disassembly procedures of individual subsystem will be provided for your service needs.
3.2 Board Subsystem Back Cover 1. Release 4 screws on the BACK COVER. 2. Press the latch to dismount VESA COVER. 3. Following the steps, open all latches at four sides of BEZEL, and then take away Back Cover...
Shielding 1. Remove 6 screws on the MAIN SHIELDING. 2. Pull down to remove MAIN SHIELDING. Cables 1. Unplug AUDIO CABLE.
2. Disconnect POWER CABLE with MAIN BOARD. 3. Unplug KEY BOARD CABLE。 Boards 1. Release 2 screws on AUDIO BOARD to dismount. 2. Remove 5 screws on MAIN BOARD.
3. Remove 4 screws on VGA PORT and DVI PORT. 4. Pull out the MAIN BOARD slightly, but do not remove it. 5. Unplug the LVDS CABLE，and then take away MAIN BOARD. 6. Unplug LAMP CABLES.
7. Remove 5 screws on POWER BOARD. 8. Remove POWER BOARD.
Information in this section is to perform the assembly procedure of the LCD monitor. Asus MW221/201 LCD monitor consists of various subsystems. This section describes the procedures for LCD monitor assembly. In addition, the detailed assembly procedures of individual modules will be provided for your service needs.
4.3 Board Subsystem Boards 1. Assemble POWER BOARD. 2. Tighten 5 screws on POWER BOARD. 3. Plug LAMP CABLES.
4. Connect LVDS CABLE with MAIN BOARD. 5. Mount the MAIN BOARD. 6. Secure 2 screws on VGA PORT and DVI PORT. 7. Tighten 5 screws on MAIN BOARD.
8. Mount AUDIO BOARD, and then secure 2 screws on it. Cables 1. Plug KEY BOARD CABLE. 2. Connect POWER CABLE with MAIN BOARD. 3. Connect AUDIO CABLE.
Shielding 1. Locate MAIN SHIELDING and then push up to mount. 2. Secure 5 screws on MAIN SHIELDING. Back Cover 1. Install the BACK COVER, and then press four sides of it to lock all latches. 2. Place VESA COVER on the BACK COVER, and then press to lock it.