When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM CLEANER.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not leave vacuum cleaner when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors,
or dropped Into water, return it to a service center before using.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not
run vacuum cleaner over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current-carrying capacity.
• Turn off all controls before unplugging.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may
• This vacuum cleaner creates suction and contains a revolving brush roll. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body
away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not place vacuum on furniture or stairs as the brush roll may cause damage. Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. Place vacuum on
floor with the handle in storage position while using attachments.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
• Do not use without dust cup or filter(s) in place.
• Belt pulleys can become hot during normal use. To prevent burns, avoid touching the belt pulley when servicing the drive belt.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
• Store your vacuum indoors in a cool, dry area.
• Keep your work area well lighted.
• Unplug electrical appliances before vacuuming them.
• Brush roll could suddenly restart. Unplug before servicing.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a
polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Thermal cut off
This vacuum cleaner has a special thermostat that protects the vacuum in case of motor overheating. If the vacuum suddenly shuts off,
push the on/off switch off (0) and unplug the vacuum. Check the vacuum for a possible source of overheating such as a full dust cup, a
blocked hose or clogged filter. If these conditions are found, fix them and wait at least 30 minutes before attempting to use the vacuum.
After the 30 minute period, plug the vacuum back in and push the on/off switch on ( l ). If the vacuum still does not run, then take it to an
Electrolux Authorized Service Center for repair.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Follow caution information whenever you see this symbol
Electrolux Customer Service 1-800-896-9756