6. Pour one bottle of solution into the water pan. Fill the bottle twice
with tap water and pour it into the water pan.
7. Press the CLEAN button. See "Using the Controls." The light will
blink, indicating that the cleaning cycle is in process. When the
"Cleaning Complete" light is illuminated (approximately
70 minutes), the cleaning cycle is complete. During the cleaning
cycle, the system will both clean and rinse itself.
8. After the cleaning cycle is complete, remove the drain cap from the
water pan. Look for any cleaning solution left in the water pan. If
cleaning solution drains from the water pan, you should run the
clean cycle again. Be sure to refill the water pan with cleaner
before starting the clean cycle again. Be sure to replace the drain
cap securely on the water pan. If the drain cap is loose, water will
empty from the water pan and you will have either thin ice or no
NOTE: Severe scale buildup may require repeated cleaning with a
fresh quantity of cleaning solution.
9. Press the ON/OFF button to resume ice production.
A Dirty or Clogged Condenser
Obstructs proper airflow.
Reduces ice making capacity.
Causes higher than recommended operating temperatures which
may lead to component failure.
To order accessories, in the U.S.A., visit our web site www.maytag.com/accessories or call 1-800-901-2042.
In Canada, visit our web site www.whirlpoolparts.ca or call 1-800-807-6777.
Order Part Number F2WC9I1 or ICE2
Order Part Number 4396808
* Stainless Steel Cleaner
In U.S.A., order Part Number W10355016
In Canada, order Part Number W10355016B
affresh is a trademark of Whirlpool, U.S.A.
A. Water pan
B. Drain cap
Electrical Shock Hazard
Disconnect power before cleaning.
Replace all parts and panels before operating.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.
1. Unplug ice maker or disconnect power.
2. Remove the 2 screws in the lower access panel and the 2 screws
from the base grille area of the front panel support.
3. Pull the bottom forward and then pull down to remove the lower
4. Remove dirt and lint from the condenser fins and the unit
compartment with a brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner.
A. Condenser fins
5. Replace the lower access panel using the 4 screws.
6. Plug in ice maker or reconnect power.
* Stainless Steel Wipes
In U.S.A., order Part Number W10355049
In Canada, order Part Number W10355049B
* Kitchen & Appliance Cleaner
In U.S.A., order Part Number W10355010
In Canada, order Part Number W10355010B