2. When the desired thickness is reached,
the ice sheet is released and slides onto
a cutter grid. The grid divides the sheet
into individual cubes.
3. The water containing the rejected
minerals is drained after each freezing
4. Fresh water enters the machine for the next ice making cycle.
5. Cubes fall into the storage bin. When the
bin is full, the ice maker shuts off
automatically and restarts when more ice is
needed. The ice bin is not refrigerated, and
some melting will occur. The amount of
melting varies with room temperature.
NOTE: As the room and water temperatures
vary, so will the amount of ice produced and
stored. This means that higher operating temperatures result in
reduced ice production.
Using the Controls
1. To start ice production, press ON/OFF.
2. To stop ice maker operation, press ON/OFF.
Pressing the On/Off button does not shut off power to the ice
Allow 24 hours to produce the first batch of ice. Discard the first 2
Fast Ice Mode
Select the Fast Ice feature when you have an upcoming need for a
large amount of ice and the ice bin is low or empty. Fast Ice mode will
produce a greater quantity of ice in a 24-hour period.
Press FAST ICE while the ice maker is on. The indicator light will
Press FAST ICE again to turn off the Max Ice feature. The indicator
light will turn off.
The Fast Ice mode will be on when you first turn on the product. It
will turn off after 24 hours. To turn Fast Ice back on, press FAST
It is recommended that you clean the ice maker when the "Cleaning
Needed" light is illuminated or 9 months has elapsed or ice production
decreases significantly. To clean your ice maker, see "Ice Maker
System" in the "Cleaning" section.
Door Ajar Alarm
The Door Ajar Alarm feature sounds an alarm when the ice maker door
is open for 5 minutes. The alarm will repeat every 2 minutes. Close the
door to turn off. The feature then resets and will reactivate when the
door is left open again for 5 minutes.
Water Filtration System
Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or
of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before
or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction
may be used on disinfected waters that may contain
Install the Water Filter
1. Locate the accessory packet in the ice maker and remove the
2. Take the water filter out of its packaging and remove the cover from
the O-rings. Be sure the O-rings are still in place after the cover is
3. The water filter compartment is located in the right-hand side of the
ice maker controls.
4. Attach the filter wrench to the water filter.
5. Align the alignment pin on the side of the filter with the cutout notch
in the control housing and insert the filter into the housing.
A. Alignment pin
B. Unlocked symbol
6. Turn the filter clockwise until it locks into the housing. Ensure that
the alignment arrow on the filter head aligns with the locked
symbol on the control box housing.
C. Alignment pin
D. Alignment arrow
C. Locked symbol
D. Cutout notch in control housing