Do not attempt to effect repairs or modifications to this equipment. If a fault occurs that cannot be rectified using the procedures described in this manual, turn off the power, unplug the machine, then contact your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative for assistance. Meanings of Each Symbol This symbol indicates warning items (including cautions).
Request Regarding Maintenance Utilize our maintenance services. After purchasing the machine, contact your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative for assistanc once a year to have the inside of the machine cleaned. Otherwise, dust will build up inside the machines and may cause a fire or a malfunction. Cleaning is particularly effective before humid rainy seasons.
CAUTION! 1. This manual may not be copied in whole or in part without prior written permission of TOSHIBA TEC. 2. The contents of this manual may be changed without notification. 3. Please refer to your local Authorised Service representative with regard to any queries you...
EO1-12031 1.1 Accessories 1. INTRODUCTION Thank you for choosing the TOSHIBA POS Terminal. This POS terminal contains all the high performance register functions necessary for a specialty store POS terminal and enables the user oriented system configuration. The operation panel can be chosen from 12-inch TFT display and 15-inch TFT display.
2. APPEARANCE EO1-12031 2.1 Standard Model 2. APPEARANCE 2.1 Standard Model 12-inch display POS terminal MIC IN Beep Volume 12” TFT Color Display with Touch Panel Reset Switch Power Switch Speaker Volume HDD LED (Yellow) Speaker Power LED (Green) Brightness Control 15-inch display POS terminal Beep Volume MIC IN...
2. APPEARANCE EO1-12031 2.1 Standard Model 1) Power LED (Green) This is the LED to indicate the power ON/OFF status of the POS terminal. The green LED is illuminated when the power is ON. 2) HDD LED (Yellow) The yellow LED is illuminated during the access to the hard disk drive. 3) Power Switch This is the switch to turn the power of the POS terminal ON or OFF.
2. APPEARANCE EO1-12031 2.2 Available Options 2.2 Available Options 15" 2nd Display 12" 2nd Display PCMCIA/CF Board LVDS PC Board LIU Stand Pole Unit 12" or 15" POS Terminal Relay PC Board iButton Unit COM 5 or 6 2.3 Examples of POS Terminal with Some Options •...
2. APPEARANCE EO1-12031 2.3 Examples of POS Terminal with Some Options • Example of ST-71 with an optional LIU • Example of ST-71 with an optional LIU (Front display: 12/15-inch TFT, Rear display: LIU + Pole unit + LIU stand) (Front display: 12/15-inch TFT, Rear display: LIU + LIU stand) LIU (Option) LIU (Option)
4. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE EO1-12031 4.1 Environment for Installation 4. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE WARNING! 1. Care must be taken not to get your fingers caught between the LCD Frame and the POS terminal when bending the display backward. 2. DO NOT raise the LCD Frame while the Front Cover is not in position. When the LCD Frame is raised °...
NOTE: Since the power cord set is not supplied with this unit, please purchase an approved one that meets the following standard from your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative. 1. Gently bend the Display backward by the both sides of the LCD Frame.
4. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE EO1-12031 4.2 Connecting the AC Plug 3. Fully insert the Power Cord Plug into the Inlet of the POS terminal. Power Cord Plug Inlet 4. Fit the Front Cover into the front of the POS terminal, and secure it with the two screws. Screw Front Cover Screw...
5. ADJUSTMENT EO1-12031 5.1 Tilt Angle Adjustment 5. ADJUSTMENT Tilt angle and brightness of the operator’s display can be adjusted. Adjustment method is common to both of 12-inch display model and 15-inch display model. CAUTION! 1. Do not adjust the display angle by holding the LCD panel. Doing so may damage the unit. Be sure to hold the LCD frame.
5. ADJUSTMENT EO1-12031 5.2 Brightness Adjustment The angle of the optional LIU is also adjustable as follows. 0° to 45° 0° to 145° (in both directions) <Tilt range> <Swivel range> 5.2 Brightness Adjustment The brightness control is provided on the lower right of the operator’s display. Turning it to the left makes the display darker, and turning it to the right makes the display brighter.
6. MAGNETIC CARD READER (OPTION) EO1-12031 6.1 How to Read Magnetic Card 6. MAGNETIC CARD READER (OPTION) The optional magnetic card reader can be installed on either side of the POS terminal. 6.1 How to Read Magnetic Card Insert the magnetic card into the upper portion of the magnetic card reader slot and slowly move the card downward.
® 7. iBUTTON (OPTION) EO1-12031 7.1 How to Read iButton ® 7. iBUTTON (OPTION) The optional iButton unit can be installed on the bottom of the LCD. 7.1 How to Read iButton CAUTION! 1. Keep storage media, like a floppy disk, away from the touch probe. The stored data may be destroyed by the magnet of the touch probe.
8. GENERAL MAINTENANCE EO1-12031 8.1 Cleaning 8. GENERAL MAINTENANCE 8.1 Cleaning WARNING! 1. Be sure to disconnect the power cord prior to performing any maintenance. 2. Do not pour water directly on or wipe the operator’s display with a soaked cloth, as this may cause fire, electric shock, or machine failure.
9. TROUBLESHOOTING WARNING! If you cannot solve a problem with the following solutions, do not attempt to repair it by yourself. Turn the power off, unplug the POS Terminal, then contact the nearest TOSHIBA TEC service representative for assistance. Symptom...
Power cord A power cord is not included in this product. Please use one complied with each country’s safety standard. For details, please contact the nearest TOSHIBA TEC service representative. ® Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz with 128 KB secondary cache...
10. SPECIFICATIONS EO1-12031 10.1 Basic Specifications Item Description 12-inch display 15-inch display Operator’s Display type 12.1-inch color TFT with touch 15.0-inch color TFT with touch Display panel panel Display size 12.1-inch 800 x 600 dots 15.0-inch 1024 x 768 dots Number of colors 262K color (262,144 colors) 262K color (262,144 colors)
10. SPECIFICATIONS EO1-12031 10.2 Options 10.2 Options Option name Model Description 24V-drive standard drawer (with screw holes on the left and the rear for installing the POLST-51) DRWST-51A-4MVK-QM-R Dimensions and Weight: DRWST-51A-8MVK-QM-R 460(W) x 400(D) x 115(H) mm, 10 Kg Drawer unit Money Case Type: MC4,8 Type...
English Waste Recycling information for users: Following information is only for EU-member states: The crossed out wheeled bin symbol is used to indicate that the product must not be treated as general household waste. By ensuring that this product is disposed of correctly you will be helping to prevent potentially negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by incorrect waste handling of this product.