T8600D CHRONOTHERM® IV DELUXE PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTATS
The thermostat can be mounted horizontally on the wall
or on a 2 in. x 4 in. (50.8 mm x 101.6 mm) wiring box.
Position wallplate horizontally on the wall or on a
2 in. x 4 in. (50.8 mm x 101.6 mm) wiring box.
1. Position and level the wallplate (for appearance
only). The thermostat will function correctly even
when not level.
Fig. 1. Typical location of thermostat.
Fig. 2. Mounting the wallplate.
2. Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes. See Fig.
3. Remove the wallplate from the wall and drill two
3/16 inch (76 mm) holes in the wall (if drywall) as
marked. For firmer material such as plaster, drill
two 7/32 inch (5.56 mm) holes. Gently tap anchors
(provided) into the drilled holes until flush with the
4. Position the wallplate over the holes, pulling wires
through the wiring opening.
5. Loosely insert the mounting screws into the holes.
6. Tighten mounting screws.
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and
ordinances. Refer to Fig. 3 through 5 for typical hookups.
A letter code is located near each terminal for
Can cause electrical shock or equipment
Disconnect power before wiring.
1. Loosen the terminal screws on the wallplate and
connect the system wires. See Fig. 6.
Use 18 gauge, color-coded thermostat cable for
2. Securely tighten each terminal screw.
3. Push excess wire back into the hole.
4. Plug the hole with nonflammable insulation to
prevent drafts from affecting the thermostat.
POWER SUPPLY. PROVIDE DISCONNECT MEANS AND
OVERLOAD PROTECTION AS REQUIRED.
NOT AVAILABLE ON T8600A MODELS.
Fig. 3. Typical hookup in heat only application.