If the return line for the Polaris looks like
the one below, remove the parts shown
and install the universal wall fitting as
described in number 3 on page 2.
1-1/2" Return Line
If the return line does not look like those shown,
contact our Customer Service Department at
C. Adjusting the Sweep Hose
1. The sweep hose should be two feet longer
than the greatest pool depth. Measure the
deepest part of the pool (usually the main
drain) with a telepole. Mark the pole two feet
above the water level. If the pool depth is
over eight feet, an additional sweep hose
(part #6-106-00) will be needed.
2. Lay the telepole next to the sweep hose. If
the sweep hose is longer than the mark on
the telepole, cut off the excess hose.
3. Remove the hose connector from the portion
of excess hose that was removed. Attach it to
the new end of the sweep hose. See the dia-
gram at the top of the next column.
Removing the Connector
D. Adjusting the Float Hose
1. With the filtration pump off, connect the float
hose to the pool wall by turning the quick
disconnect clockwise into the universal wall
fitting. Pull away from the pool wall to secure.
2. Extend the float hose to the farthest point in
3. Cut the float hose so it is four feet short of
the farthest point in the pool.
If the float hose is shorter than four feet of
the farthest point in the pool, add the float
hose extension included with the Polaris 165
between the existing float hose and the sur-
face module. Repeat Steps 2 and 3.
1. Collapse hose with fingers.
2. Replace connector with only first
corrugation inside lip of connector.
3. Pop hose back into shape.