The Polaris Vac-Sweep
threads on a return line. The following are important points to remember when installing and operating
the Polaris 165.
• Always disconnect the Polaris from the pool wall when cleaning or backwashing the pool filter.
• After cleaning or backwashing, let the filtration system run for at least five minutes before
reconnecting the Polaris.
• New plumbing lines should be flushed out before installing the Polaris.
• Always handle the Polaris with care. Do not let children play with it; it is not a toy.
• Never handle the Polaris when it is operating.
• Always remove the Polaris before swimmers enter the pool.
• Always remove the Polaris from the pool before chemical shock treatments. As a general rule,
any pool water that is unsafe for swimming is unsafe for the Polaris.
• Carefully cut the hoses following the instructions on page 3.
By following these simple guidelines, you can help protect against injury and prolong the life of the
When replacing any Polaris parts, always insist on genuine Polaris replacement parts. You can be sure
you are buying genuine Polaris parts if they come in Polaris part bags or have the Polaris logo
Non-Polaris parts are not made to our specifications. They may have an adverse effect on the operation of
the Polaris or may even damage it. If you are unable to find genuine Polaris parts in your area, contact us
at 1-800-VAC-SWEEP to receive the name of the participating Polaris dealer nearest you.
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please call our Customer Service Department
toll-free at 1-800-VAC-SWEEP (USA and Canada only) or (760) 599-9600, Monday through Thursday,
6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Saturdays 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. during summer
Before the Polaris is installed, please take a moment to record the serial number. For the location of
the serial number, refer to the diagram in Section A on page 2. You will be asked for this number
when contacting our Customer Service Department.
WARNING: USE OF POLARIS 165 IN A VINYL LINER POOL
Certain vinyl liner patterns are particularly susceptible to rapid surface wear or pattern removal caused
by a variety of objects coming into contact with the vinyl surface, including pool brushes, pool toys,
floats, fountains, chlorine dispensers, and automatic pool cleaners. Some vinyl liner patterns can be
seriously scratched or abraded simply by rubbing the surface with a pool brush. Ink from the pattern
can also rub off during the installation process or when it comes into contact with objects in the pool.
Polaris is not responsible for, and the Limited Warranty does not cover, pattern removal, abrasion or
markings on a vinyl liner.
165 automatic pool cleaner comes ready to connect to 1-1/2" female pipe