• The installation surface must be clean, dry and level.
• Install washer on a flat hard floor.
Tile floors (Slippery floors)
• Position each foot on the Tread Mate and level the machine to suit. (Cut Tread Mate into 70x70 mm
sections and stick the pieces on to the dry tile where machine is to be placed.)
Tread Mate is a self adhesive material used on ladders & steps that prevents slipping.
Wooden floors (Suspended floors)
• Wooden floors are particularly susceptible to vibration.
• To prevent vibration we recommend you place rubber cups under each foot,
at least 15mm thick under the washer, secured to at least 2 floor beams with screws.
• If possible install the washer in one of the corners of the room, where the floor is more stable.
Insert the rubber cups to reduce vibration.
You can obtain the rubber cups (p/no.4620ER4002B) from the LG svc dept.
• Proper placement and levelling of the washer ensure long, regular and reliable operation.
• The washer must be absolutely horizontal and stand firmly in position.
• It must not "Seesaw" across corners under load.
• The installation surface must be clean, free from floor wax and other lubricant coatings.
• Do not let the feet of the washer get wet. If feet of the washer get wet, slipping may occur.
1. Adjusting the washing machine level properly prevents excessive
noise and vibration.
Install the appliance on a solid and level floor surface, preferably in
a corner of the room.
Timber or suspended type flooring may contribute to excessive
vibration and unbalance errors.
2. If the floor is uneven, adjust the adjustable feet as required.
(do not insert pieces of wood etc. under the feet)
Make sure that all four feet are stable and resting on the floor and
then check that the appliance is perfectly level. (use a spirit level)
After the washer is level, tighten the lock nuts up towards of the base of
the washer. All lock nuts must be tightened.
In the case that the washing machine is installed on a raised
platform, it must be securely fastened in order to eliminate the
risk that it might fall off.
❊ Diagonal Check
When pushing down the edges of the washing machine top plate diagonally, the machine
should not move up and down at all. (Please, check both of two directions)
If machine rocks when pushing the machine top plate diagonally, adjust the feet again.