Operation regulatory marks
With this unit, some functions such as the play
function may be restricted depending on the
location where the DVD is playing. In this case, the
following marks will appear on the screen. For more
information, refer to the disc manual.
Hold a disc taking care not to touch the played surface. (The
side without the printed label is the playback side.)
Notes on CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW discs
If the CD-ROM, CD-R or CD-RW disc in use has a printable label
surface, the disc may be unable to be taken out of the system
due to sticking of the label surface. To prevent malfunction of
the system, do not use such a disc.
Cautions on CD discs
Always use a CD carrying the
A disc without this marking may be unable to be played back
The disc rotates at a high speed during playback. Never use a
cracked, chipped or greatly warped disc. Otherwise, damage or
malfunction of the player may result.
Also, do not use a disc with a non-circular shape as this may
result in malfunction.
About USB device
Notes on use of the USB device
This unit can play audio files stored in the flash
memory and digital audio player that have a USB port
(these devices are referred to as USB devices in this
The following restrictions are placed on the types and
usage of available USB devices:
Available USB devices
• USB devices belonging to the USB mass storage class.
• USB devices whose maximum current consumption is 500
mA or less.
• USB Mass Storage Class : USB devices that the PC can
recognize as an external storage without using any special
driver or application software.
• Contact the sales agent as to whether your USB device
conforms to the USB mass storage class specs.
• Using an unsupported USB device can result in abnormal
playback or display of the audio file.
Even if you use the USB device conforming to the above
specs, audio files cannot be played normally depending on
the type or condition of the USB device.
• iPod nano (6th generation)
• iPod nano (5th generation)
• iPod nano (4th generation)
• iPod nano (3rd generation)
• iPod nano (2nd generation)
• iPod nano
• iPod touch (4th generation)
• iPod touch (3rd generation)
• iPod touch (2nd generation)
• iPod touch
• iPod (4th generation)
• iPod classic
• iPod photo (4th generation)
• iPod video (5th generation)
• iPod mini (2nd generation)
• iPod mini
• iPhone 4
• iPhone 3GS
• iPhone 3G
• Be sure to update the software of your iPod/iPhone to the
• The iPod/iPhone cannot be connected together with its
accessories such as the cover or case. Be sure to remove any
accessories before connecting the iPod/iPhone.
• Movies or pictures on iPod/iPhone cannot be output through
the VIDEO OUT terminal on this unit.
• Music or sound on iPod/iPhone cannot be output through
the AUDIO OUT terminals on this unit.