Wireless lighting control advanced remote (20 pages)
Summary of Contents for GE GE SmartHome Remote
45600 Wireless Lighting Control Remote Manual Groups can include • Individual Z-Wave devices up to 232 devices • Groups Scenes can include • Lighting scenes up to 32 devices Compatible with all Z-WAVE products.
INTRODUCTION Thank you for purchasing the GE SmartHome Remote. Your home control ™ network can include up to 232 Z-Wave enabled devices. This remote allows you to control up to 18 individual Z-Wave devices with one easy-to-use, compact unit. You can also set up and control up to 18 groups of lights as well as 18 scenes for task or mood lighting.
CAUTION Battery Use And Safety • Use only fresh batteries of the required size and recommended type. • Do not mix old and new batteries or different types of batteries. • If you do not plan to use the remote for an extended period, remove the batteries. They can leak chemicals that can destroy electronic parts.
receives information from the remote. 6. When the green LED blinks twice, you have successfully added the device to your home network. 7. The device can now be added to Groups and/or Scenes. NOTE: If the red LED emits one long, steady blink, you have pressed an invalid key or the device has not been successfully added to your home network.
from your remote control. NOTE: If the red LED emits one long, steady blink, you have pressed an invalid key or the device has not been successfully removed from your remote control. Repeat steps 1-5 if this occurs. DELETING A DEVICE (LIGHT / NODE) FROM YOUR NETWORK To reset a device to its factory default, you must delete it from the network.
• To dim the light, press and hold the OFF key for more than one second. (Green LED blinks rapidly) NOTE: If the red LED emits one long, steady blink the remote has not successfully communicated with the device. Repeat steps 1-2 if this occurs. SETTING UP AND CONTROLLING A GROUP You can create a collection of devices (lights / nodes) that you can control as a group.
Deleting a Group 1. Press and hold SETUP until both the red and green LEDs blink twice. 2. Press DELETE once. (Red LED blinks once) 3. Press GROUP once. (Red LED blinks once) 4. Press a digit (1-9) for the group you wish to delete. Press Shift and the digit (1-9) if you are deleting groups 10 through 18.
5. Press the button on the light you are adding. (Green LED pauses briefly, blinks once and then resumes blinking rapidly, indicating that the remote is pending the setup of the bright/dim setting on the device.) 6. Adjust the brightness level on the device within 30 seconds (refer to the manual for the device) 7.
CONTROLLING SCENES To control a scene, perform the following steps: 1. Press SCENE once. (Red LED blinks once) The remote will stay in this mode until either the Light or Group mode is activated. 2. Press the digit key for the scene you wish to control (1-9). Press SHIFT and the digit (1-9) if you are controlling scenes 10 through 18.
4. Refer to the user manual for the secondary remote for programming information. See the following section on “Copying Network/Device Information” if the target remote is a GE SmartHome remote. Put the target (secondary) remote into programming mode so that it sends its information to the primary remote, as well as receives information from that remote.
6. Add devices, groups, and scenes to the new secondary remote as needed. NOTE: If the red LED emits one long, steady blink, the information has not been successfully transferred. Repeat steps 1-5 if this occurs. SENDING NETWORK INFORMATION TO A SECONDARY REMOTE You can add a secondary remote to your network, and transfer your primary remote’s network information to it.
from the old primary remote. The source remote then transfers the network and device information to the new primary remote. Refer to the user manual for the new primary remote for more information. 5. When the green LED blinks twice, you have successfully transferred the information.
1. Place the two remotes near each other. 2. Press and hold SETUP until both the red and green LEDs blink twice. 3. Enter 9 6 7 on the numeric keypad. 4. Put the source remote into programming mode so that it sends its information to the GE SmartHome™...
FCC ID: MG345600 WARRANTY JASCO Products warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of this product only and does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this product.
Compliance with IC Rules AND Regulations IC: 6924A-45600 Jasco Products Company Model: 45600 "Object is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device."...
General Electric Company and is used under license to Jasco Products Company LLC, Z-Wave home control networks 10 E Memorial Rd., are designed to work properly Oklahoma City, OK 73114.