• Lighting scenes** Control up to 232 Z-Wave enabled devices. *A group turns multiple lights on/off at the same time. **A scene dims or brightens lights in multiple areas to suit your mood. Z-Wave Certified ® Wireless Lighting Control 45601...
INTRODUCTION Thank you for purchasing the GE 45601 Advanced Remote. This remote allows you to control up to 18 individual Z-Wave devices with one easy- to-use, compact unit. You can also set up and control up to 18 groups of lights as well as 18 scenes for task or mood lighting.
lights from different groups. Your Z-Wave home control network can include up to 232 Z-Wave enabled devices. Additional features include: - Easy to use LCD menu system - Event programming which allows you to set timed events such as turning on all of your lights at a certain time every day. - Control of a Z-Wave enabled thermostat for your HVAC system.
If this remote is used as the primary controller, you must use it to create your control network. You can use multiple remote controls with your Z-Wave lighting control network, however, only one remote will act as the primary controller. The primary controller must be used to add or delete devices (lights / nodes) from your network.
For these reasons, we recommend the following: 1. Assign Z-Wave controlled appliances to device numbers 10 – 18 on the GE remote. The likelihood of unintentionally turning on the appliance will be reduced significantly because the “Shift”...
WIRELESS RANGE This device complies with the Z-Wave standard of open-air, line of sight transmission distances of 100 feet. Actual performance in a home depends on the number of walls between the remote controller and the destination device, the type of construction and the number of Z-Wave enabled devices installed in the control network.
Please Note: Z-Wave home control networks are designed to work properly alongside 802.11 wireless computer networks, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz devices. Some baby cams, wireless video devices and older cordless phones using the 900MHz frequency range may cause interference and limit Z-Wave functionality. Many 900MHz products have a switch to select channel “A”...
5. Press a digit (1-9) for the device location you wish to add. Press SETUP (SHIFT) and the digit (1-9) if you are adding devices 10 through 18. 6. Press OK and the screen will display SETUP WAITING. 7. Press the button on the device so that it communicates with the remote.
DELETING A DEVICE (LIGHT / NODE) FROM YOUR NETWORK This completely removes the device from your home control network and resets the device to its factory default settings. Press and hold SETUP until screen displays LGHT SETUP Press OK followed by pressing the cursor right key 2 times the screen will display DELETE.
4. Press the OK key and the screen will display SEL DIGIT. 5. Press a digit (1-9) for the group you wish to remove the device from. Press SHIFT and the digit (1-9) if you are removing a device from groups 10 through 18. 6.
Press the OK key and the screen will display SUCCESS. ALL-ON and ALL-OFF Control The factory default setting for GE Z-Wave lighting control devices is to be included in All-On and All-Off control. Other brands of Z-Wave enabled lighting control devices may have to be manually added to All control.
To turn all devices on or off, perform the following steps: Press ALL once. The screen will display ALL. Press either ON or OFF. Any ON or OFF button can be pressed. (The screen will display ALL ON or ALL OFF depending on what key was pressed).
NOTE: You will need to reprogram the Date and Time when the batteries are replaced. EVENTS The 45601 Advanced Remote allows you to program up to 15 automated events such as turning on or off your lights at a preset time and day. You must set the time and date before programming an Event.
6. Press the OK key and screen will read SUCCESS. THERMOSTATS Adding a Thermostat: The 45601 Advanced Remote allows you to program and control a Z-WAVE enabled Thermostat. Press and hold SETUP until screen displays LGHT SETUP. Use either arrow key to scroll until the screen displays THERMOSTAT.
ADVANCED CONFIGURATION Some Z-Wave devices provide advanced capabilities available only through the use of a remote control like the 45601 Advanced Remote. One example is the 45606 in-wall dimmer which allows the end user to create 3 different dim rates depending upon how the dimmer is activated (manually, via a normal Z-Wave “Dim”...
6. Put the target (new primary) remote into programming mode so that it receives information from the 45601. 7. On the 45601, press the OK key and the display will read SENDING. 8. When the screen displays SUCCESS, you have successfully transmitted the information to the new primary controller.
Z-wave devices. As an example, the 45600 basic remote is designed only for controlling Z-Wave devices using the lighting control classification. The 45601 deluxe remote with LCD readout can control other Z-Wave certified devices like thermostats as well as lighting.
WARRANTY JASCO Products warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of this product only and does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this product.
General Electric Company and is used under license to Jasco Products Company LLC, 10 E Memorial Rd., Oklahoma GE SmartHome ™ City, Oklahoma 73114 Made in China Hecho en China All brand names shown are trademarks of their respective owners.