Catalog Nos. V2400, V2410, V2415, V3600, V3605, V3610
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM
WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PURCHASE,
CALL 1-800-54-HOW-TO (1-800-544-6986).
IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE
CAN RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE.
IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT,
GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL
TO THE SUCCESS OF BLACK & DECKER'S QUALITY
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Catalog Nos. V2400, V2410, V3600, V3610
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following: PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE
USING THE UNIT.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not
allow to be used as a toy.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put unit or charging base in water or other
• Do not use Dustbuster
dry hand vacs to pick up liquids, toxic substances, flammable or
combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not use wet/dry hand vacs to pick up toxic substances, flammable or combustible liquids
such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or charger or after the appliance
malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the
appliance to any authorized service facility.
• Do not use Dustbuster
dry hand vacs outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the charger or base by the cord or yank to disconnect
from an outlet; instead grasp the charger and pull to disconnect. Keep cord away from
heated surfaces. Do not pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. The unit
should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
• Do not use an extension cord. Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
• Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
• Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product; do not attempt to charge this
product with any other charger. Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer 's recommended
• Unplug the charger from outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
• This product includes rechargeable nickel cadmium batteries. Do not incinerate batteries
as they will explode at high temperatures.
• Leaks from battery cells can occur under extreme conditions. If the liquid, which is a 20-
35% solution of potassium hydroxide, gets on the skin (1) wash quickly with soap and water
or (2) neutralize with a mild acid such as lemon juice or vinegar. If the liquid gets into the
eyes, flush them immediately with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Seek medical
FORM NO. 603795-00 REV. 1 PRINTED IN CHINA
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Product Features (Fig. A)
1. On/Off slide switch
2. Release button
3. Dust bowl
4. Wall mountable charging base
How To Use
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (FIG. B)
Fix the charging base within reach of an electrical outlet, as illustrated, using the screws and
plugs supplied. Plug in and place the product in position. Always mount in an upright (handle
NOTE: Avoid damaging the cord while fixing the base to the wall or when removing or
replacing the product from the base.
RECHARGING (FIG. C)
From new, the rechargable cells of the product need a minimum charge time of 16 hours to
ensure full power. We suggest you fully discharge the product when it is used for the first time
as this will help the cells recharge faster. The switch must be in the off ("O") position, the
product will not charge if it is in any other position. While charging, the product may get warm,
this is perfectly normal and safe. It can remain on charge indefinitely without damage or
danger. It is not possible to "overcharge" the battery cells with the charger provided.
OPERATION (FIG. D)
This product is for dry pick-up only.
To start, slide the On/Off switch forward (i.e. "O"= Off, "I" = On). To stop, slide the switch back.
Always return the product to the charging base immediately after use so that it will be ready
and fully charged for the next use. Ensure that the product is fully engaged on the charging
CLEANING THE PRODUCT (FIGS . E-I)
WARNING: Never use the Dustbuster without its filters.
NOTE: The filters are re-usable, do not confuse them with disposable dust bags, and do not
throw them away when the product is emptied. We recommend that you replace the filters
every 6-9 months depending on frequency of use.
Remove the dust bowl by pressing the dust bowl release button and pulling the bowl
down and out. To replace the bowl, place it back onto the handle and click firmly into posi-
Empty the dust from the bowl and wash if necessary (see Fig. H).
To remove the filter twist it in a clockwise direction. Shake or lightly brush any loose
dust off the filter.When replacing, always attach secondary (paper) filter first, followed by pri-
mary (plastic) filter on outside.
Wash the filter regularly using warm, soapy water and ensure that it is completely
dry before using it again. The cleaner the filters are, the better the product will perform. It is
very important that the filter is correctly in position before use. The dust bowl can also be
washed in warm soapy water. Ensure that it is dry before re-attaching.
IMPORTANT: Maximum dust collection will only be obtained with clean filters and an empty
dust bowl. If dust begins to fall back out of the product after it is switched off, this indicates
that the bowl is full and requires emptying.
Never immerse the product in water. A damp cloth and soapy water should be used
to clean the exterior of the motor section. Always ensure the product is completely dry before
re-use or storing.
Your product is very economical to charge. While it is charging it uses less than half the
amount of electricity used by a light bulb.
When fully charged, the average effective usage times are between 8-10 minutes.
It may take several chargings before these times can be achieved.