For your safety the information
in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk of fire or explosion or to prevent
property damage, personal injury or loss of life. Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in
the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
- RISK OF FIRE
Read all of the following
and using this appliance:
- Destroy the carton and plastic bags after the dryer is unpacked. Children might use them for play. Cartons covered
with rugs, bedspreads, or plastic sheets can become airtight chambers causing suffocation. Place all materials in a
garbage container or make materials inaccessible to children.
- Clothes dryer installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
- Install the clothes dryer according to the manufacturer's
instructions and local codes.
- The electrical service to the dryer must conform with local codes and ordinances and the latest edition of the Na-
tional Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, or in Canada, the Canadian electrical code C22.1 part 1.
- The gas service to the dryer must conform with local codes and ordinances and the latest edition of the National
Fuel Gas Code ANSI Z223.1, or in Canada, CAN/ACG B149.1-2000. An individual manual shut-off valve must be
installed within 6 ft (1.83 m) of the dryer in accordance with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54.
- The dryer is designed under ANSI Z 21.5.1 or ANSI/UL 2158 - CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 112 (latest editions) for HOME
USE only. This dryer is not recommended for commercial applications such as restaurants, beauty salons, etc.
- Do not install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic or flexible foil venting material. Flexible venting materials are
known to collapse, be easily crushed and trap lint. These conditions will obstruct clothes dryer airflow and increase
the risk of fire.
- Do not stack a dryer on top of washer already installed on pedestal. Do not stack dryer on top of another dryer.
Do not stack washer on top of dryer. Do not stack washer on top of another washer. Do not stack dryer on top of
washer without use of manufacturer approved and correctly installed stacking kit appropriate for your model.
- The instructions in this manual and all other literature included with this dryer are not meant to cover every pos-
sible condition and situation that may occur. Good safe practice and caution MUST be applied when installing,
operating and maintaining any appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
- Do not try to light any appliance.
Do not touch any electrical switch; do not use any phone in
Clear the room, building or area of all occupants.
call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone.
Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
To avoid back or other injury, have more than
one person move or lift the appliance,
Save these instructions for
Tools and materials needed for installation:
- Adjustable pliers
- Phillips, straight, & square bit
Pipe wrench for gas supply (gas
LP-resistant thread tape (for natu-
ral gas or LP supply, gas dryer)
- Carpenter's level
- External vent hood
- 4-inch (102 mm), rigid metal or
semi-rigid metal exhaust duct work
3-wire or 4-wire 240 volt cord kit
4 in. (102 mm) clamp
- Gas line shutoff valve (gas dryer)
- 1/2NPT union flare adapters (x2)
and flexible gas supply line (gas
Metal foil tape (not duct tape)