For personal safety, this appliance must be properly grounded. In the event of an
electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing
an escape wire for the electrical current. This appliance is equipped with a cord
containing a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be inserted
into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
• Improper use of the plug may result in the risk of electric shock.
• Do not, under any circumstances, cut or remove the third (grounding) prong
from the power cord.
• Consult a qualified electrician or service center if the grounding instructions are
not completely understood or if in doubt as to whether the appliance has been
Use of Extension Cords
• Avoid the use of an extension cord because of potential safety haz-
ards under certain conditions. If it is necessary to use an extension
cord, use only a 3-wire extension cord that has a 3-blade grounding
plug and a 3-slot outlet that will accept the plug. The marked rating
of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the electrical
rating of the appliance.
• Occasionally, there may be power interruptions due to thunderstorms
or other causes. Remove the power cord from the AC outlet when a
power outage occurs. When power has been restored, re-plug the
power cord into the AC outlet.